Check out my custom Longboard DW pedals!

Like? As soon as I started using them I was sold! Kind of surprised DW doesn't make a kit like this.

picture.php

DMC? I know he made a prototype. I think dw really makes these but they cost !!!!! Lots lol

I'd probably like those cuz i play heal up n i really "put so leg into" so to say, n i always cut my toes n foot up in the chains because i have so little room to work with so im thinking a longboard could solve that out for me.

Interesting, wonder how much it costs? And is it available as a conversion to a standard pedal or do you have to buy the whole thing?

I'd probably like those cuz i play heal up n i really "put so leg into" so to say, n i always cut my toes n foot up in the chains because i have so little room to work with so im thinking a longboard could solve that out for me.

I am a recent convert from heels down to heels up (and haven't looked back). These boards help encourage me to stay that way.
If you are heels down, and want to stay that way, then I wouldn't recommend these.

BTW, I am on the fence on whether I want to try and market these. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Oh and they are just DW7000's, but from just looking at pictures, it appears they would work on most of the DW pedals. Anyone know for sure? The only thing that really matters is the bolt pattern on the hinge plate.

duno just found the thing :p

Interesting, wonder how much it costs? And is it available as a conversion to a standard pedal or do you have to buy the whole thing?

I am a recent convert from heels down to heels up (and haven't looked back). These boards help encourage me to stay that way.
If you are heels down, and want to stay that way, then I wouldn't recommend these.

BTW, I am on the fence on whether I want to try and market these. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Oh and they are just DW7000's, but from just looking at pictures, it appears they would work on most of the DW pedals. Anyone know for sure? The only thing that really matters is the bolt pattern on the hinge plate.

did you spent alot of time and money making them>?? by the way they look awesome!!!

and could you do it with other pedals like COBRAS??? or elimantors??

Try and you'll most likely be hearing from DW's lawyers.

I doubt that. No different than making aftermarket parts for a car.

did you spent alot of time and money making them>?? by the way they look awesome!!!

and could you do it with other pedals like COBRAS??? or elimantors?

I wouldn't say alot compared to some other projects. I think it could be done with pretty much any pedal, all you need is the bolt pattern for the hinge block. And thank you!

Very good work and execution. I have converted a DW5000 to a longboard by joining the board and heel plate and relocating the hinge, but this is very sophisticated work. I assume you used aluminum billet for the pedals? You must have access to a very good machine shop. I'm impressed.

You can see what I did at http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23501&page=3, April 20, 2008.

I saw your mod, and I had considered going that route. The pedal I grew up using hinged in that area (I think it was a Premier pedal), switching to the standard dw style board was quite an adjustment for me. I commend anyone that isn't afraid to change what the factory put out.
I am happy with the hinge at the back though, it forces me to keep my heels up, and I think it has helped me.
My machine shop is in my garage ;) quite handy if nothing else. Unfortunately I don't get to play drums full time (wouldn't that be a dream), so my real job is at a machine shop also.

I saw your mod, and I had considered going that route. The pedal I grew up using hinged in that area (I think it was a Premier pedal), switching to the standard dw style board was quite an adjustment for me. I commend anyone that isn't afraid to change what the factory put out.
I am happy with the hinge at the back though, it forces me to keep my heels up, and I think it has helped me.
My machine shop is in my garage ;) quite handy if nothing else. Unfortunately I don't get to play drums full time (wouldn't that be a dream), so my real job is at a machine shop also.

I can believe that you work in a machine shop. The level of workmanship on those pedals is OEM-quality and shows a high level of skill, better than anything I can do.

How did you inscribe the logos? How did you cut and mill the metal? I have seen a lot of mods here and I have done many myself and this is the most professionally done one yet.

How did you inscribe the logos? How did you cut and mill the metal? I have seen a lot of mods here and I have done many myself and this is the most professionally done one yet.

CNC all the way!

longboard2.jpg

DCP_1596.jpg

Note that the part being cut here has nothing to do with the pedal. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics while I was cutting the pedals.

Back