This kit set up intrigues me

That's kind of how Danny with Tool rolls now. Centered, toms to either side.

I switched to this type of config back in 1995(symmetric)...I highly recommend folks give it a try

...unless you find yourself always playing a house kit or someone else's at the venue.

Interesting - kind of a modified Bruford setup, except toms closer in on the 2 sides.
It's a big travel from high 12 tom to low 14 or 16 toms, if you were going to do a roll up/down them for example. On the other hand, this setup opens up many other possibilities.

I switched to this type of config back in 1995(symmetric)...I highly recommend folks give it a try

...unless you find yourself always playing a house kit or someone else's at the venue.

I have been thinking about it ever since I saw the videos of Bruford Earthworks 2; Just to in order to experiment and hear and feel the difference. What do you like about it?

Interesting - kind of a modified Bruford setup, except toms closer in on the 2 sides.
It's a big travel from high 12 tom to low 14 or 16 toms, if you were going to do a roll up/down them for example. On the other hand, this setup opens up many other possibilities.

Exactly, no conventional tom fills and lots of left hand (snare hand) work.
Of course that means the music you play would maybe have to be different from what you are playing normally as well. That would not be a bad thing.
I might try this with the rehearsal space kit tonight just to get a feel. I am extremely flat footed so if I were going to go for this permanently the remote foot pedal for the hi-hat would be a must.

I love the way she plays. Rhythmic and musical with a good amount of sass.
Kit makes sense for her, but I'd have to give it a try and see if could rethink all I've learned about placement.

Back