Skrillex for Drummers

gothamrocks

Skrillex. Rock’s favorite electronica darling. For evidence of this check out the album that Korn did with Skrillex like the song “Narcissistic Cannibal”.

Well if you are a drummer and love rock, metal and cool electronica, then check this out (it kicks in around 1:10):

Love it or hate it, drummers?

http://gothamrocks.net/skrillex-for-drummers/

Skrillex. Rock’s favorite electronica darling. For evidence of this check out the album that Korn did with Skrillex like the song “Narcissistic Cannibal”.

Well if you are a drummer and love rock, metal and cool electronica, then check this out (it kicks in around 1:10):

Love it or hate it, drummers?

http://gothamrocks.net/skrillex-for-drummers/

There are plenty of bands/drummers out there on YouTube who have already covered Skrillex songs....

Oh, and as far as Skrillex/Korn stuff goes, "Get Up" is a better song than "Narcissistic Cannibal"

I must say i don not appreciate electronica because it usually involves no musicianship to produce such songs.Also, it is mostly "crowd music", made for the masses, not for picky muso`s that will get bored while listening to is. Despite this, listening to some of the tracks my friends like and some of Jojo Mayer`s works, i realised it is a (potentially) drummer-friendly envirnoment.

I do not like Skrillex`s music as a whole, but i`d definately drum to it as soon as i`ll get a rehearsal space. My backing tracks folder contains stuff from almost all musical genres. Cobus`s drumming is pretty tight and fits the song really good IMO.

Also you may want to chech this, too. Drums are not that spectacular but the bassist does some crazy stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuunY8BTqNs
P.S Who on earth would use Coated Pinstripes with a lot of Moongel, Mic them AND trigger them? Where`s the logic?

As far as I can tell, electronic music doesn't involve a lot of talent but they try to cover that up with the rhythm section.
Me, I prefer actual music, like the Foo Fighters.

Dave Grohl comes onstage and plays.
Skrillex comes on stage and does mixing; that's not the artist's job as far as I'm concerned.

I have been playing for a lot of electronic musicians recently. About two-thirds of all the projects I am working for have programed drums on the recordings, and its my job to perform them live. I honestly don't mind it. Don't get me wrong, I would much rather hear a real drummer on the tracks, but they style of music, the pounding 4 on the floor feel, and use of axillary snares and FX cymbals I dig.

I like electronica but skrillex kinda blows. I used to play drums with a DJ out in portland and that was a lot of fun, but we did a live show not covers (No offense to Cobus hes great) but in order to make the shows really awesome there is that give and take you get in any band which you just can't get playing recordings, you need to use the mixing board as an instrument instead of a tool.

BTW rock's favorite electronica darling makes no sense, its like saying classical's favorite jazz composer they are different genres.

Back