Attack vs Remo

JoshCore210

Hey guys,
I posted about this earlier, but didn't exactly make sense...
So, I'm looking into buying a standard set of "Attack" drum heads ( http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/attack-4-pack-drumheads )
to replace some Remo black suede heads, because I wanna get into some jazzy drumming , and the emperor's are two-ply, but i have ambassadors as Resos , so would switching the ambassador as a batter head , using the attack as a reso sound better that using the attack as the batter and leaving the ambassador?
-thanks, Josh

are you saying you have black suede emperors as batter heads? either way you don't necessarily have to change heads to start playing jazz

Try it both ways. I have Attacks, top and bottom, on a set of Mapex birch drums and they sound fantastic! I was really surprised by the Attacks. I was equally surprised by the Aquarians when they came out. I'll bet that the Ambassador over Attack would work out great. If it doesn't just swap them. Are you sure that the black suedes won't work in a jazz environment? A lot of your sound comes from your tuning and technique.

I had an Attack head on my snare for a while, and the coating wore off rapidly.

I then tried an Aquarian, and the coating is holding up much better so far.

Somebody told me that Attack heads are not fabricated from Mylar. Is that true?

I have Ludwig classic maples and a while back I put single ply coated attack heads on the toms (10, 12, 14) (clear ambassador bottom) simply because I had them lying around from before I bought the Ludwigs. I was very pleased with the sound and the coating is holding up extremely well. For the price, Attack heads have always surprised me. I used to use Attack 2 ply clear heads on my Yamaha RCs and they sounded killer. As a top or bottom head, I expect you will be satisfied with their performance.

Back