Mathcore, Jazzcore and Prog Metal fans check this out....

Check out this band
They're called Rolo Tomassi. The drumming sure is simple, but musically it is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VI2fWzsY5c&feature=related

And a girl (Eva Spence) screaming makes it awesomer, check out they're last album Cosmology too!

wow .... they sound trendy

.. there's nothing wrong with screaming in the right context .. but it's so overused now .. and it almost seems like everyone's scream sounds exactly the same .. autotuned screams? what happened to every screamer having their own sound .. glen benten, chuck shouldnier, dani filth, morbid angel ...

and the god f'in damn breakdowns .. nothing like suddenly breaking the flow of the song to play a 40bpm chuggy rhythm just like everyone else does

on a good note :48 reminded me of atheist a bit .. something from elements..

actually after listening through it ... kinda reminds me of a half-assed modern trendy ripoff of atheist

wow .... they sound trendy

.. there's nothing wrong with screaming in the right context .. but it's so overused now .. and it almost seems like everyone's scream sounds exactly the same .. autotuned screams? what happened to every screamer having their own sound .. glen benten, chuck shouldnier, dani filth, morbid angel ...

and the god f'in damn breakdowns .. nothing like suddenly breaking the flow of the song to play a 40bpm chuggy rhythm just like everyone else does

on a good note :48 reminded me of atheist a bit .. something from elements..

actually after listening through it ... kinda reminds me of a half-assed modern trendy ripoff of atheist

I agree with you. Breakdowns are overused.

Back