No EMAD for a 26"

Mathew 7:21

Just orderd my Dee Dubs with a 26" and was thinking on which bass head to go with.....well I guess the EMAD is out of the ?. On the web site they dont have it listed. THis is my first 26" I used a 24" for most of my life and even getting heads for that sometimes was like pulling teeth. I guess I better get ready to always order heads.

The coated EMAD is my favorite head for almost everything I do, and I also just found out there's not a 26" version. I was going to put it on my new Legacy kick. :(

Bermuda

I have a 26 as well. Getting heads of any type or brand isn't easy for me either. I always have to order no matter what brand what I want.

My favorite combo is a clear Powerstroke 3 batter, and an ebony Ambassador reso. Sounds sweet on my Luddy 6 ply's.

My favorite combo is a clear Powerstroke 3 batter, and an ebony Ambassador reso. Sounds sweet on my Luddy 6 ply's.

Do you run anything inside it (pillow or whatever)? Ive never liked putting anything in my bass drum I always hated the way it made my kick sound 2 sizes smaller than what it was but I was thinking maybe with a 26" you have to put something in it or it will be just to BOOMMY and take away from the rest of the kit.

I run my kicks wide open. No pillows, blankets, nothing. Between head choices, and felt strips, no need for laundry. You'll probably be pretty happy with the stock DW heads. The Powerstroke 3 has a built on ritchie ring, which is pretty much the same thing Bonham (and quite a few other cats) were doing with felt strips and Emperor/Controlled Sound heads. P3's didn't exist back then.

Hi, I run my 26" Premier with an Aquarian Superkick 2 batter and a Regulator with 42 hole reso. Both heads tuned to medium pitch. Sounds like a bomb going off.
I am very pleased with the sound I get.
Skunk.

Oh great, I was planning on getting a 26" EMAD or Remo Powersonic for my new acrylic kick I can't find them either. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Oh great, I was planning on getting a 26" EMAD or Remo Powersonic for my new acrylic kick I can't find either. Any recommendations?

Aquarian Super Kick 1 or 2 ?? I use SK 2 on my 26 even though I ordered an SK 1. It works just fine for me but the SK 2 is a bit too heavy on anything under 26.

Hi, I run my 26" Premier with an Aquarian Superkick 2 batter and a Regulator with 42 hole reso. Both heads tuned to medium pitch. Sounds like a bomb going off.
I am very pleased with the sound I get.
Skunk.

Just like he says... I have the same combo.

Just like he says... I have the same combo.

I'll look into it. I haven't used Aquarian anything for a long time. I also like having mine wide open but some of the PAs I play on now don't have gates or other fixin's to mellow it out. I'll have to dampen my acrylic. Ugh.

Personally i think an Emad on a 26" just sort of defies the point. Surley if you want some serious damping you wouldn't have gone with such a big kick in the first place?

Personally i think an Emad on a 26" just sort of defies the point. Surley if you want some serious damping you wouldn't have gone with such a big kick in the first place?

Nah. I have faith I'll be able to make sound just fine. Or I'll just tell you that!

Back