Tennis elbows

bobwright

Despite the fact I don't play the game both my arms are suffering from the rotten thing. Very hard to enjoy drumming as it really aches after a short while, wondering if there's any suggestions out there for dealing with said complaint? Lotsa stuff on YouTube but would like to hear suggestions from here as well. Thanks all.....

Re: TENNIS ELBOWS

I got that from work and it took wearing a brace, acupuncture and a whole lot of time taking it easy before it finally went away.

Re: TENNIS ELBOWS

You may be involved in other activities that can cause tennis elbow. I've had it before, and used a brace I got at the drugstore and a lot of rest (read stop the activity you think is causing it). If it's your grip on the sticks, you may want to find a teacher that can fix your grip problems and teach you to play tension free. Good Luck on this.

I play tennis, but it was not the cause of a bout with tennis elbow some years ago. It was due to emergency DIY plumbing. It took a month of rest, rehabilitation, and strengthening to recover. BTW, the wrist has a lot to do with it. Have you been stressing it lately?

I, myself have just gotten over a bought of tennis elbow from holding my 4 month old son wrong. The way I was holding him, and twisting my wrist was actually stretching and irritating my tendons in my elbow. Lots of stretching, ibuprofen, and a little bit of weight training actually made mine go away...but whoda thunk that just by doing my fatherly duties, would have irritated it so badly? Stranger things have happened, I guess....good luck!

I had a "tennis elbow" that would never go away. Turns out i had what is called loose bodies (bits of cartlidge floating around) in the joint. I had to have elbow surgery to flush them all out. That was 25 years ago. Haven't had a problem since.

Hope yours is not as severe.

I've also am dealing with this. Mine stems from overuse, and not stretching or warming up. What's been working for me is rest, ice, anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen), massage and stretching. I try to ice it for about 20-30 minutes each day, and either use my hand to massage it or some massaging thing for another 20-30 mins, and then just keep up on your ibuprofen.

It takes time, so be patient, but I've found that it's been helping a lot. Good luck to you!

Read all the replies, lots of good advice there. Am trying everything from ice/heat, massage, rest, stretching, creams, throwing maidens into volcanoes......will keep posted.

Back