Show off your Yamaha

PS. aydee: ive been forgetting to tell you...but, i think your kit is set up backwards ;)

Ever try one backwards, Alex?

As a lefty I do it all the time since most kits are set up righty.. but try it.. it opens the mind to some very interesting possibilities with the hands & feet..

As a lefty I do it all the time since most kits are set up righty.. but try it.. it opens the mind to some very interesting possibilities with the hands & feet..

Me being a lefty drummer i love looking at a left handed kit!! they are just perfect for us leftys lol!

i know...i was just messin with ya! i know your a lefty..haha...and yes i have tried it...i had my CB set up in my room for quite some time set up lefty...but then my Tour Customs in the living room in righty...so, yes....its fun! its a challenge...and i like it! =)

Alex

i had my CB set up in my room for quite some time set up lefty...but then my Tour Customs in the living room in righty...so, yes....its fun! its a challenge...and i like it! =)
Alex

Alex, another fun thing to try...
Set up your kit lefty. Place a mirror right in front of you ( make sure the cymbals aren't blocking your view ) Play looking at the mirror.

have you ever set your set up right?
Alex

No, but I've been around so many gigs and jams and been over at the homes of righty drummers, and nobody's got the time & patience to switch stuff around so often I just sat down and tried to play backwards. Over time you discover you can sorta do it, and ultimately it helps with limb independence if you do it often enough.

I also play guitar and bass strung righty. More people find that freaky, but same deal... learnt to play on other people's guitars

My new (old used) Al Foster Hipgig kit. Use these on smaller jobs. I replaced the stock bass heads and put a PS3 on the batter and had Jim at Drumart.com do the front head for me. It's an Aquarian with a Kickport installed. I also mounted the Shure Beta 52 inside the Bass. Pretty decent low end for an 18" Bass drum. I also put Puresound snares on the snare.

Attachments

• hipgig1.jpg
    hipgig1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,762
  • hipgig 2.jpg
    hipgig 2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,864
Um, kind of a creeper question, but did your band ever play a show at Hampton Beach in New Hampshire anytime? To clarify: The Reminisants. I believe when I saw you (presuming it is your band I saw, 2bsticks) it was some girl's birthday who went onto the stage or something. The band is like a cover band of oldies. Btw, it sounded really good (especially for being outside)!

Last edited:
Yes, that was us at Hampton Beach. We do about 6 shows there every Summer. Five old fat guys playing oldies. :) Please stop by and say hi if you happen to see us again.

Attachments

• hampton beach.jpg
    hampton beach.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,851
It is a dry ride. I use it at home now. I have switched over to Zildjian K''s

I bought another kit today, a Yamaha Oak Custom in sizes 10, 12, 14, 16" toms, 22x18 bass drum in York honey amber oak. I fitted the drums out with Aquarian Jack DeJohnette batters, Yamaha Remo AmBassador reso's, Aquarian Super Kick II batter and Yamaha logo Remo reso' on the bas
s drum.

I own several Yamaha snare drums so do not feel I am just joining the family. However, I am very proud to own a full Yamaha kit. I used an Oak Custom on a session back in 09 and was blown away by how wonderfully the drums spoke so clearly to the microphones. It was in fact the shortest soundcheck I have ever done. That fact has been on my mind since that day.

Photos to follow in a few days time.

Thanks guys.

Play this kit at my church, easily the best set of drums I've ever played.

Yamaha stage custom with Zildjian A's

Bojangleman-those motto yamaha drum set- great kit and they dont make them anymore you should keep them for ever.

Put some new heads on a set of 1998 Stage Customs and they sound great. Although I'm pretty sure I have the worst set of cymbals in the world.
Drums sound great, cymbals sound terrible.

Back