Resonant Drum Heads

hey guys i just purchased some Aquarian Studio X (Batter) Drum heads and now i am wondering what resonant heads would compliment the batter heads. I am looking at the Aquarian Classic Clear™ heads for the resonant side. Is this a good combo? i don't know much about drum heads but since i already ordered the Studio X heads i want to get something that will compliment the heads. Any input is greatly appreciated!

A 10mil, 1 ply clear head should do the trick. I don't know the Aquarian product lines, but something like an Evans G1 clear or a Remo Ambassador clear.

Dennis

Should i mix brands? I already Ordered the Aquarian Batter Heads so i wanted to stick with Aquarians. But if i can mix brands i am open to do that. THanks for the input!

It wouldn't do any harm to mix head brands, but if it was me, I would just get the Aquarian equivalents.

Dennis

I have AQ Super 2 clears over classic clears they work perfect. Classic clear is an excellent heads for batter or reso. it is aquarians version of the ambassador/g1. I'ld stick with aquarian.

I have AQ Super 2 clears over classic clears they work perfect. Classic clear is an excellent heads for batter or reso. it is aquarians version of the ambassador/g1. I'ld stick with aquarian.

thanks for the input! ill probly stay with aquarians

How do you like the Studio-X heads?
I use them for recording. I like them a lot!
When I am finished recording with them I remove the muffle rings and I use them as regular single ply heads.

How do you like the Studio-X heads?
I use them for recording. I like them a lot!
When I am finished recording with them I remove the muffle rings and I use them as regular single ply heads.

the kit i just bought came with used studio x heads and for how old the heads are they actually sounded really good. ARE The studio x heads essentially just classic clears with rings on them?

Last edited:
the kit i just bought came with used studio x heads and for how old the heads are they actually sounded really good. ARE The studio x heads essentially just classic clears with rings on them?
Basically I believe that they are.
I use the coated ones. They are just like a single ply coated head when I remove the tape ring.

Back