Used Yamaha Maple Absolute

porcaro

Friends,
I need a bit of help. I passed on the Maple Custom set I inquired about (on this forum)...turned out it was a 20' kick and not a 22'. I wanted a 22.
So...I've found another used set.
Black...10,12,14,16,22. No hardware...I'm told the kit is in great shape. Legs on the 16 tom.

What's a good deal for this kit? Any ideas? I'm just not close enough to the kit prices these days. Last kit I bought was my sweet Recording Custom (Hot Red) in 1989! Granted, I've been through about 20 snares since then...and dozens of cymbals.

Thanks! Keep the groove going.

Hey I'm looking for a Yamaha Maple Absolute kit with a 20" kick...could you give me a hand and let me know who is selling that kit? thanks!

And for your kit I'd say a good deal for you would be $1500-2000 probably...

Friends,
I need a bit of help. I passed on the Maple Custom set I inquired about (on this forum)...turned out it was a 20' kick and not a 22'. I wanted a 22.
Black...10,12,14,16,22. No hardware...I'm told the kit is in great shape. Legs on the 16 tom.

What's a good deal for this kit? Any ideas? I'm just not close enough to the kit prices these days. Last kit I bought was my sweet Recording Custom (Hot Red) in 1989! Granted, I've been through about 20 snares since then...and dozens of cymbals.

A good deal would be between $1600 - $1800, depending on the condition. IMO.

Friends,

No snare.
1500us bananas is a lot of dough.
Here in canada you could pick that up b/w 1400-1700 cdn, thats like 1050-1300 us dollars.
1500 us including snare would be worth it. but it also depends on how the kit has been maintained. If its beaten up then all bets are off.
MO

Hey Porcaro,

Welcome to the forum fellow San Diego DUDE! I would say it all depends on the conditions of the kit in question...1300-1600 or even less in today's market, talk with the seller and determine his/her motivation and go from there...as for me I always start low and work up. Best of luck to you!

Back