9000's or 5000's?

Mastershake16

im looking to get either of these pedals and im not professional so which should i get the 9000 or 5000? i mean theres a 200 cash difference so id really like some opionions

I have both and really, for the money, the 5000 never inhibited my playing. The 9000 is a tad smoother, but not enough to really notice in my opinion. Even if you're doing crazy footwork, the 5000 is a fine pedal. I use it to gig, the 9000 stays home.

I have the 5000's, and let me tell you, they are GREAT pedals. But I tried the 9000's at Guitar Center, and while it may not be a world of difference, they certainly are better pedals. So if your wallet can take it, get the 9000's. Otherwise, you won't be disappointed with the 5000's.

I have 5002 Turbos. Been playin them for about 7 or 8 years now. Great pedals. They still play great after many many gigs and practice time. I've played 9000's a few times while visiting my local GC. They feel great too but IMO only "slightly" better. So if you're on a tight budget you can't go wrong with the 5000. It's a fantastic pedal and you'll save some $$$.

The one thing that I did like about the 9000 was they have a smooth pedal board as opposed to the 5000 which has raised numbers. I was thinking this might be better for me because I like to play in my socks. Just a habit I've developed over the years from being in the house where my shoes are normally not on. I figure it might be a little easier on the feet. (???)

well i play in socks and shoes, it varies, so should it seems just go for the 5000's which is fine, thanks for all the advice, those are probably the pedals ill get when i upgrade (from this horrible stock yammie that came with my newest set {a tour custom})

Might want to look into the Yamaha flying dragon direct drive as well it gets excellent reviews here, I'd love to try one but no one around me has one (grrrr). I play the 9000 now and played the 5000 for 14 years. 5000's are good but I noticed a real difference when I put my feet on the 9000. And now that I've played with all the adjustments that are available on the 9000 I've truly tuned it to my foot and playing style, that's something you can't do with the 5000. You should really get to a shop and try them side by side. FWIW I just switched from the double chain on the 9000 to the strap that it comes with and oh man what a difference!

Might want to look into the Yamaha flying dragon direct drive as well it gets excellent reviews here, I'd love to try one but no one around me has one (grrrr). I play the 9000 now and played the 5000 for 14 years. 5000's are good but I noticed a real difference when I put my feet on the 9000. And now that I've played with all the adjustments that are available on the 9000 I've truly tuned it to my foot and playing style, that's something you can't do with the 5000. You should really get to a shop and try them side by side. FWIW I just switched from the double chain on the 9000 to the strap that it comes with and oh man what a difference!

I have DW 5002 and double Yamaha Flaying dragon with double chain drive and I like the Yamahas better then 5002 ones.

Back