Zildjian Customer Service AAA+++

Kg_lee

I recently cracked a Zildjian K EFX and I had some concern issues of having it replaced cause I bought it on ebay from a guy who claims to be a drum dealer, his name is Roli Garcia..he seems to be some what popular but he is not a dealer but I'm sure he has connection. Anyway I made an offer on the EFX cymbal and he took it (GREAT DEAL). When I cracked it I was concerned about replacement.

I called Zildjian and they looked it up that it was never replaced, they said it would be up to the Inspection team if it could be replaced. Well they did replace it and they even exchanged it for a K thin crash so I would have less concerns for it cracking again. My reason for the post is how quick this was all done! I sent it out April 6th and got it today! Not even one week. I also like to ad that Dave at Zildjian was an incredibly nice person. Zildjian has made my list of company's with "excellent" service!!!

Good to hear! I recently bought an 18" A Custom EFX but since this new vented cymbal craze has taken off, I've heard nothing but broken cymbal stories about them. So figuring I would probably crack this thing before the warranty period expires, I thought about asking Zildjian to replace it with an 18" A Custom Crash. It sounds like they'd be receptive to that request, so that's good to know. (except that I just bought an 18" AC Crash!)

I really like the EFX, especially on recordings. I could actually replace all my crashes with vented cymbals and be happy.

Good to hear! I recently bought an 18" A Custom EFX but since this new vented cymbal craze has taken off, I've heard nothing but broken cymbal stories about them. So figuring I would probably crack this thing before the warranty period expires, I thought about asking Zildjian to replace it with an 18" A Custom Crash. It sounds like they'd be receptive to that request, so that's good to know. (except that I just bought an 18" AC Crash!)

I really like the EFX, especially on recordings. I could actually replace all my crashes with vented cymbals and be happy.

I have 18" and 19" K thin crashes that just take a brutal beating but from having one of these EFX's cymbals they won't hold up for heavy hitters. I'm impressed with the performance of thin crashes I honestly thought they wouldn't last but they are. I got them cause they sounded incredible! Zildjian will exchange as long as it the same size, series and price.

I have to assume they're working on running changes to make them better. I would hope so, anyway. I bought the 20" A Custom EFX shortly after experiencing a crack on the 16" version. Of course, it is a bigger cymbal with more room for flexing, but so far no cracks! Not too worried about this one, in part because of it's size but also because I assume they're constantly improving the process in which they make these cymbals. As popular as these EFX cymbals seem to be I'm sure they don't want to have to keep replacing everyone's.

I have to assume they're working on running changes to make them better. I would hope so, anyway. I bought the 20" A Custom EFX shortly after experiencing a crack on the 16" version. Of course, it is a bigger cymbal with more room for flexing, but so far no cracks! Not too worried about this one, in part because of it's size but also because I assume they're constantly improving the process in which they make these cymbals. As popular as these EFX cymbals seem to be I'm sure they don't want to have to keep replacing everyone's.

I love the cymbal and the sound but I'm going to wait until they improve them. For my current placement the 20" EFX won't work but I believe a cymbal of that size would hold up better.

So were they OK with just the serial number on the cymbal, because the seller wasn't a dealer? What did you have to tell them?

I cracked a cymbal last year from a dude off ebay. Definitely not a dealer, so just wondering.

I sent in a cracked A custom efx 18" couple weeks back.. I think Zildjian has them back ordered because I've been waiting! I love the vented cymbals but they are prone to cracking like no other..

So were they OK with just the serial number on the cymbal, because the seller wasn't a dealer? What did you have to tell them?

I cracked a cymbal last year from a dude off ebay. Definitely not a dealer, so just wondering.

Well I had the cymbal about 6 months. I really take good care of my stuff other than playing live I do hit hard. The serial showed it was never replaced but it was made in 2009, the other thing was it was very clean no finger prints and the barcode sticker under the bell was perfect. Also the crack was very small (about 2/16). I told them all I could about the cymbal and sale and sent it in and hoped it was rejected. I was just very impressed that they exchanged it for a cymbal that I feel will hold for me and the turn around time was very fast.

In your case I would call and ask and run the serial number it's worth a shot.

Well I had the cymbal about 6 months. I really take good care of my stuff other than playing live I do hit hard. The serial showed it was never replaced but it was made in 2009, the other thing was it was very clean no finger prints and the barcode sticker under the bell was perfect. Also the crack was very small (about 2/16). I told them all I could about the cymbal and sale and sent it in and hoped it was rejected. I was just very impressed that they exchanged it for a cymbal that I feel will hold for me and the turn around time was very fast.

In your case I would call and ask and run the serial number it's worth a shot.

Thanks Kg_lee,

It's cool you passed this info on to us.

That is definately good customer service. I never played on a EFX cymbal yet.

Back