Yamaha Drums

Hmmm...actually Yamaha did sell (back in the day) birch snares for the RC line in 14" x 5 or 6.5 or 7 or 8 deep. I have a Piano Black in 14x7, have a friend who has the same size in Hot Red and have seen many of these RC snares on eBay. But, they all came with the 1.6 triple flanged hoops like the toms. Also, the color of your's is a puzzler. Yamaha also sold wood snares for the Tour Custom line, but they had 8 lugs. Looks like your's has 10 lugs? The RC snares all have 10 lugs.

Ok, I found it. The SD-075 was sold in 1986 and is in that year's catalogue:

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/catalogs/yamaha/1986_yamaha_catalog_22.jpg

Its not classified specifically as an RC, but seems to have the same shell and does have 10 lugs. I'd say you have a rare bird there. I've never seen one of these anywhere else. "Built with an all-birch shell and 10 lugs for fast, exact tuning, the SD-075 delivers a warm, 'traditional sound ideal for acoustic music situations. Measuring 5 1/2" deep and 14" in diameter, the SD-075 is equipped with our basic strainer, a die cast hoop and comes with a unique, hand rubbed 'Black Walnut" finish, the only color available."

As you said, don't ever sell it. Its a real unique piece.

No doubt. The Yamaha sparkle finishes are really rich looking on the hoops. That's one reason I much prefer the look of Yamahas to DW's, as DW leaves the inside of their bd hoops a natural color. I never really understood that. I mean, the entire kit can be stained or lacquered, and those DW natural hoops just don't mesh, in my opinion.

I never understood that either. Especially when their broken glass finishes are some of the best sparkles offered in the drum world.

I didn't know the sparkle on that Apple Sparkle Fade was to rich. I've seen the Black Sparkle on a set of MCAs in person, but it never really jumped out at me the was that ebay kit did.

I do love some Yamaha sparkle though. Hot Pink Sparkle, Habanero Sparkle, and Gold Fade are some of my favorites. Man, I love my RCs...but I wish they had a sparkle finish.

If only I had extra money...

The closeup on that hoop make that finish look phenomenal! That's some heavy duty sparkle.

Yamaha are the 'Masters of Sparkle' - all the high end lines are Lacquer Sparkle - no wraps - this is why they can paint the whole of the bassdrum hoops, DW sparkles are 99.9% wrap, it is far cheaper to produce, and quicker by around 2 weeks to finish. I t also takes huge skill to produce paintwork like that, ask your local custom car paint people to replicate a Yamaha finish, in the UK the cost is around £300 per drum !

Love the low tones of the old TC had a set myself.

Here is the 18" kick setup with new rack design.

397032_3256976582885_1221222716_3480889_725671484_n.jpg

423364_3258631464256_1221222716_3481462_307967056_n.jpg

This is a Yamaha sparkle lacquer finish, it's called "black sparkle sunburst" and looks just classy.

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Dennis

Yeah this is the new set, Oak Custom in Musashi Black 18x15 (little beast) 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14 with the 13x6,5 Maple Custom Sensitive snare & 10x5 Custom snare (both beasts themselves)

Best sound ever (with the PHX with 18'' depth kick)

I have to see it in person first, but I doubt I will. Im a rack master if it comes to developing new crazy designs and the only company witch let me do that (with almost unlimited options) is Gibby at the moment. But who knows ;)

Yeah this is the new set, Oak Custom in Musashi Black 18x15 (little beast) 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14 with the 13x6,5 Maple Custom Sensitive snare & 10x5 Custom snare (both beasts themselves)

I have to see it in person first, but I doubt I will. Im a rack master if it comes to developing new crazy designs and the only company witch let me do that (with almost unlimited options) is Gibby at the moment. But who knows ;)

I thought you gave up your Oak Customs? Didn't you have a set of Oaks in red lacquer?

Your setup looks great. I have an Oak Custom in 18/14/12/10 in Honey Amber lacquer. Great little kit, and, yes, the 15x18 bass can do it all--it can reach a good thunder low, if you want, to mimic a 20" bass.

I thought you gave up your Oak Customs? Didn't you have a set of Oaks in red lacquer?

Your setup looks great. I have an Oak Custom in 18/14/12/10 in Honey Amber lacquer. Great little kit, and, yes, the 15x18 bass can do it all--it can reach a good thunder low, if you want, to mimic a 20" bass.

I sold the red one a long time ago had a black vintage RC in the meanwhile and back on the Oak :D

Tnx!

Love your kit!

What finish do you have on your snare?

Whats your cymbal spec?

Love your kit!

What finish do you have on your snare?

Whats your cymbal spec?

Thanks mate. The snare has an Amber Sunburst finish.

Cymbal setup consists:
8'' A brilliant splash
10'' K brilliant splash
13'' K/custom K (Z like but K hammered)
13'' broken K top / 10'' broken nameless splash bottom
16'' K Medium Thin crash
18'' K Medium Thin crash
18'' Custom K ride (pre Gadd)
18'' K EFX

And my new acquired RHP DTX set:

395505_3277629219188_1221222716_3490457_1723876349_n.jpg

Used the same evening as small 2nd stage kit on the jam:
426853_3281273310288_1221222716_3492664_684408988_n.jpg

Used a pad as kick and snare.

Only missing a kick with legs (got one without) and support and a snare pad.

Probably getting a 8'' tom and 12'' kick later this year and a 12'' snare (half working) and a DTXTreme I module and mount within a few weeks.

Now lets get some new cymbals!!!

Your racks are stunning, Musiqman! Have you ordered a HEXRACK II yet?
Any chance I can listen to your music / watch videos? :)

And my new acquired RHP DTX set:

Used a pad as kick and snare.

Only missing a kick with legs (got one without) and support and a snare pad.

Probably getting a 8'' tom and 12'' kick later this year and a 12'' snare (half working) and a DTXTreme I module and mount within a few weeks.

Now lets get some new cymbals!!!

Hey Wes nice RHP kit your building there!…since your showing off your e-kit stuff here…here's a shameless plug (i.e., pic) for mine..:)…

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Back