A very weird mixed emotions day. Gig report & video.

Now that was a gig of extremes! No wonder it all felt surreal.

You guys sounded great, and I think it was a fitting tribute to a mate in need. Still hoping for Oz's recovery. Hey, if he's beat the odds this long....

Up front warning - adult material contained in the video!! Mods: Due to the family nature of this forum, I've chosen footage that doesn't show detail, unless viewed in HD & full screen. Even then, only the keen eyed will pick up anything.

Sorry to hear about your friend. That's terrible. Hope they pull through and that everyone concerned is doing as well as possible.

Video looks like a good time was had by most.

Played a Harley owners' rally (near Guildford, if memory serves) last year. Didn't stick around in the evening as I had another gig to get onto but I'm told that was also a *colourful* evening.

I never got nude ladies at any of my gigs.

Maybe if I just wait thirty years? Is that the trick, Andy?
Maybe Duncan, but thinking back, we used to get naked ladies back in the day too. Only difference being, back in the day we ------------ after the show ;) ;) ;)

Now that was a gig of extremes! No wonder it all felt surreal.

You guys sounded great, and I think it was a fitting tribute to a mate in need. Still hoping for Oz's recovery. Hey, if he's beat the odds this long....
Yes, most surreal. The singer falling over near the end of the gig (last video clip) was a momentary scare too :(

Sorry to hear about your friend. That's terrible. Hope they pull through and that everyone concerned is doing as well as possible.

Video looks like a good time was had by most.

Played a Harley owners' rally (near Guildford, if memory serves) last year. Didn't stick around in the evening as I had another gig to get onto but I'm told that was also a *colourful* evening.
Yes, "colourful" is a very good description. It's what the audience girls got up to that opened this old fart's eyes!

KIS, great stuff........................you cant beat Rock and Roll and Strippers........................two of my favorite things.

Good luck to your man Oz, hopefully he can recover completely.
Agreed, they go together like drums & bass - oh, wait -------------- :)

Best wishes and lots of mojo from Malaysia to Oz.
Keep us posted!

jorn
Thanks Jorn = appreciated.

That Snare sounds amazing. Love it.

Can't beat a good Welsh gig, btw.

Hey finally got a minute to see this....first of all sorry about Oz Andy....

He would have loved this gig I'm sure. This is one of the best sounding recordings I've heard of the FU crew, both in terms of quality of playing and the recording itself. I really got a feel for the real sound of you guys. Quite impressive, with great clarity. A clear sound through a great PA is a thing of beauty. The band sounds better with every new recording Andy, you guys are taking off into the stratosphere. To me the difference in the very first recordings you posted and any of these latest recordings is like 100 fold. Loved the transition between "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" and "All Right Now". Sounded totally pro, loved it.

Hey and nothing says party like shirtless girls, right? The band continues to sound terrific.

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the moving lights, it's disorienting when they never stop. I can never see you good enough either, and the lights make it that much harder. I wish they would illuminate you steadily.

Next time, I'll make sure I have my leopard-print leggings.
Duncan my fine friend - trust Andy - those leggings = not a good idea ;)

My last few gigs have been retirement homes. Sometimes you don't want nude ladies at your gigs...
Agreed - yet another not good idea ;)

That Snare sounds amazing. Love it.

Can't beat a good Welsh gig, btw.
Ah, you're from Wales I take it? We often "go abroad" into Wales for our gigs :) We seem to be pretty popular there!

BTW, snare is not mic'd, & most wouldn't believe that in a gig of that size.

Hey finally got a minute to see this....first of all sorry about Oz Andy....

He would have loved this gig I'm sure.
Yes he would Larry. Up to date news is not great :(

This is one of the best sounding recordings I've heard of the FU crew, both in terms of quality of playing and the recording itself. I really got a feel for the real sound of you guys. Quite impressive, with great clarity. A clear sound through a great PA is a thing of beauty.
Thanks Larry :) I've recently upgraded the PA (again) with some extra subs. Can't have too many subs eh! Most bands would think we're mad to bring our own PA to a gig that already has a 12K venue rig in place, but we know from doing this gig before, that our rig is far better sounding in every respect. Would you believe I static mixed the FOH sound from side stage???

I guess you're listening through good gear Larry - yes?

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the moving lights, it's disorienting when they never stop. I can never see you good enough either, and the lights make it that much harder. I wish they would illuminate you steadily.
Agreed. Lights aren't our rig Larry. They belong to the venue. As Oz is our lighting guy, he would have been at the helm if he was able. Lights were controlled by the disco guy (as you can probably tell). Yet another reason why we missed him so much, if not a frivolous reason under the circumstances :(

The band sounds better with every new recording Andy, you guys are taking off into the stratosphere. To me the difference in the very first recordings you posted and any of these latest recordings is like 100 fold. Loved the transition between "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" and "All Right Now". Sounded totally pro, loved it.

The band continues to sound terrific.
Thank you so much Larry. That means a great deal coming from you, as I know you have good ears. & for a Zoom camera recording taken from 250 feet away, I was impressed myself, especially as the sound had to come from inside a steel barn with the side doors open!!!!! Pity you can't see the audience too. Great crowd, but quite sensibly (except when the stripper was on) nobody wanted to be near the stage in that heat. I think I went through 3 towels!!!!

Hey and nothing says party like shirtless girls, right?
Girls were "everythingless" Larry!!!!!!!! Including one from the audience who was standing on the riser later on. Keeping on meter has never been so challenging. You can't prepare for that. I've yet to see a metronome with a "lady parts at face level" setting, lol!!!!!

Just a note to say, I'm deleting the video over the next day or so, because I have to provide links to my Youtube channel for another purpose, & leaving this video up would not be a good idea - sorry.

If you're interested in the music, but not the bare breasts, there's a replacement video in the "Your Playing" section.

Cheers, Andy.

Just a note to say, I'm deleting the video over the next day or so, because I have to provide links to my Youtube channel for another purpose, & leaving this video up would not be a good idea - sorry.

If you're interested in the music, but not the bare breasts, there's a replacement video in the "Your Playing" section.

Cheers, Andy.

Can you leave it up until tomorrow?

Had to be distracting with the Lady parts in your face......................

Ah, you're from Wales I take it? We often "go abroad" into Wales for our gigs :) We seem to be pretty popular there!

Oh, can't claim to be Welsh.

Born and raised in the West Midlands, moved around the country in a triangle before settling just outside London now. Spent a lot of time in Wales and you cant beat a good gig there!.

Stunning sounding snare, really impressed. Surprised it's a 14x5 (at least I think it's a 14x5 going by the photo)

Oh, can't claim to be Welsh.

Born and raised in the West Midlands, moved around the country in a triangle before settling just outside London now. Spent a lot of time in Wales and you cant beat a good gig there!.

Stunning sounding snare, really impressed. Surprised it's a 14x5 (at least I think it's a 14x5 going by the photo)
Thanks, yes, it's a 14" x 5" ebony stave. As you're now based in London, I take it you're attending the London Drum show this October? Would be great to see you (there's a ton of other forum members attending), & you can try out our snares on our stand, but also in our private demo room at the show.

The show program is just superb this year, & will sell out in the next few weeks. If you want to go, I strongly advise getting your tickets now! :)

I've been out of commission the last few days so I'm just getting to this.

Andy, first of all and most importantly, suffice to say we all are saddened to hear about Oz. Though the odds are tough, we all hope he makes it through. If you've made a more recent announcement on his condition, I apologize as I have not stumbled on it yet.

The band sounds great, the show you put on is top notch and your drums look magnificent!

What's not to love....

Thanks, yes, it's a 14" x 5" ebony stave. As you're now based in London, I take it you're attending the London Drum show this October? Would be great to see you (there's a ton of other forum members attending), & you can try out our snares on our stand, but also in our private demo room at the show.

The show program is just superb this year, & will sell out in the next few weeks. If you want to go, I strongly advise getting your tickets now! :)

I'll be there, already all over the thread that you put up the other day.

Can't wait

Andy, I'm very sorry to read this news. Hang in there, man.

I dug the video. Even without the lady parts, the band (especially the drummer) is really good. :)

I've been out of commission the last few days so I'm just getting to this.

Andy, first of all and most importantly, suffice to say we all are saddened to hear about Oz. Though the odds are tough, we all hope he makes it through. If you've made a more recent announcement on his condition, I apologize as I have not stumbled on it yet.

The band sounds great, the show you put on is top notch and your drums look magnificent!

What's not to love....
Thanks my friend, for both your kind words, & the playing props :)

Of course, this kit is my Spaun maple that I've had to bring out of retirement. Replacement Guru (& a very special one that will raise a few eyebrows - especially the sizes) coming along soon :)

Andy, I'm very sorry to read this news. Hang in there, man.

I dug the video. Even without the lady parts, the band (especially the drummer) is really good. :)
Thank you so much. Not so sure the drummer's a stand out, but I'll take your kind compliment - hopefully graciously :)

Andy, was not able to watch it last night, so I humbly request that you leave it up one more night
Granted :)

Sorry about Oz, Andy. Good wishes and prayers going to him, his family and friends from Michigan, USA.

Please revise the video at your earliest convenience, if Oz gets a look at those dancing girls it just might do him in.

Back