Crazy Kits=Post em here

I never liked pink kits until now. This one is $5000 canadian bucks 2nd hand at a drum store here in Calgary. Too big for me, but very cool.

Let's see your crazy kit!

Attachments

• 0719ghh_20.jpeg
    0719ghh_20.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,142
  • 48638j8_20.jpeg
    48638j8_20.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1,183
Hair band.....That kit needs a table saw,and a rewrap.Five K?Must be something in the water.:):):)

Steve B

A conversation about crazy drumkits is not complete without giving the Trixon speedfire a mention.

Attachments

• Crazy kit.jpg
    Crazy kit.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 916
New Molecule drums

1209-molecule2.jpg

Saluda custom kit:

2ibjims.jpg

se0k1u.jpg

Yes, that's a snare drum on floor tom legs. And a 36" deep kick drum.

Last edited:
My bad, it's actually even longer than I thought. Found full specs:

(Depth x Diameter)
36x22" kick
10x12" tom
12x14" tom
20x16" tom
14x14" snare drum

And I found a video of it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkGu2EJgSXw
I noticed that they're doing the offset lug thing, and on the bass drum it's the batter side that got offset, which means that there's a lug down there at the bottom where the pedal connects. I think I'd ask for a do-over..

Joey Parrish's kit he uses with Shane & Shane. Sorry about the bad photo, but I forgot to take any others. Joey made the kick and floor, and the snare is a Remo Mondo Snare. He carries nothing but brushes with him, and the entire kit fits in one large bag he can check as baggage. He mentioned that he built it specifically for flying and thought it would only survive 6 months. He's been using it for over 3 years.

Yes, that kick is about 6" deep. He's backing up 2 acoustic players, so IMHO it's the ideal setup.

Attachments

• parrish.jpg
    parrish.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,057
Stuffing pillows, blankets and mattresses in a drum is what makes it sound like a box.
Agreed, guaranteed to work every time :)

Perhaps you are confused.
Nope :)

I listened to it and the bass drum sounds just like you'd expect from such an outrageous design: Outrageously thunderous.
No, I'm listening through my reference cans right now. They don't lie. Even taking into account the crappy recording, it's not outrageously thunderous, it's outrageously consumed by boxy overtones, outrageously thin, outrageously woofy. It's producing zero bottom end. The floor tom is producing more bass than the bass drum, & that can't be right. It's quite loud, but other than that, possibly one of the worst bass drums I've ever heard, & all this against a background of me being a fan of deep shell drums.

I can imagine the "design" discussion. "I know, let's use the deepest shell we can physically buy from Keller, & that will guarantee the deepest possible sounding drum". Wrong = epic fail. A classic case of believing the "deeper is deeper" hype, then taking it to the extreme.

I like anything that's a bit of fun, & in that regard, it's a huge success, because it's a joke!

Your deep drums however, are magnificent. They were built by someone who knows what they're doing, & it shows, just as much as these were built by someone who just took the customer's coin.

Back