Music tracks minus drums... ( Drumless or Play-along Tracks )

Re: Music tracks minus drums...

here, it's only six but that's already something :)...

Waaaa, that is awesome, I've been looking quite around for things like these, but most sites that have them you have to pay. This is really cool, thanks!

This thread should be a sticky, and people should add track's that they either have, or find, this is very usefull.

does anyone have any funk minus one tracks? or any minus tracks? care to send me? it's so useful, help me groove out my drumming and tempo..

fendi

These are great, uh are there any more out there? -Thanks guys!

Backing tracks

Hi! I just want to ask if someone of you would know where I could find _free_ backing tracks for drums? Tracks which would include at least bass and guitar. Vocals and other instruments would be a great extra. Thanks.

Re: Backing tracks

Nikkeivei said:
Hi! I just want to ask if someone of you would know where I could find _free_ backing tracks for drums? Tracks which would include at least bass and guitar. Vocals and other instruments would be a great extra. Thanks.

I find the best way to get this kind of stuff is to actually go looking for example projects for sequencing software. Get the sequencer in question, grab the examples and then... mute the drum tracks. Bingo, instant backing track.

Where do you the sequencer?..I've been looking for backing tracks also.

Ok. Thanks. There isnt any freewares to download, but hopefully I can find a decent demo to practise with.

Looking for songs to play along with?

This may seem a bit obvious, but I've seen alot of people asking about drumless tracks and such. I was looking for tracks without drums one day and then it hit me. Why not play with Midi files? I know they arn't real instruments, but they're VERY easy to find and easy to use. Some midi files have drums in them, but just download a program like Calkwalk or Music Creator. Easy. Hope this was helpful to at least one person.
Zack.

Finding drumless songs.

I've seen/heard some people asking about tracks that they can drum to. Well I was looking for stuff like this too, and I finally found a conclusion. Use Midi files. They may not be the best, but they're there, and VERY easily found. Some of them do have drums in them, but all you have to do is download a program like Calkwalk or Music Creator, open it up and delete the drum track. There, now you have a song you know, that you can play along with. To find midi's, just google it. Easy. Works for me.
Hoped this helps at least one person.

Zack.

On a related note, if I put some of these on a CD to play along with, will they work on a standard stereo or boombox, being that they are MP3 files? Or, if not, can they be converted to a standard stereo format? I have no experience with MP3's so I was just wondering. Thanks.

Bonzo said:
On a related note, if I put some of these on a CD to play along with, will they work on a standard stereo or boombox, being that they are MP3 files? Or, if not, can they be converted to a standard stereo format? I have no experience with MP3's so I was just wondering. Thanks.

if you get an MP3 Convertor (I suggest MP3 Producer and Winamp does it to) make the files into WAVS burn them to a CD and they should work opn steros and boomboxes and what not

Oops! It doesn't look like either of those programs convert from MP3 to Wav. Only the other way around. Anyway, I did find a free MP3-WAV converter on PCWorld.com, if anyone else is interested.

Back