help...my snare is detuning its self within 30mins or playing....what should i do

mopar4t4

i dont know if its my playing or if its the way i tune (im pretty sure i tune it correctly, i tune timpanis at skool all the time and they sound awsome) but i'll play at home on my kit and play along to some of my favourite songs and ill have to retune every half dozen songs around one knob (the same knob all the time) ill have to crank it 1.5-2 full turns to restore the sound. so what? style of playing (i play a lot of Muse and Blink songs), tuning or is it my snare drum its self (yamaha snare that came with the basic rydeen, with remo ambassador heads). HELP ME ITS ANNOYING!!!

Take the head off and see if the rim is bent. Try the counter top. If you keep cranking that lug and don't turn the others something is wrong, or soon will be. Try taking of the rim and turning it one lug in either direction so its not lined up where it was and start over.

It sounds like it could be a serious problem. I had this exact problem with my snare drum. the joey jordison model. Dont judge to harshly not into him or slipknot anymore i have moved on. For a while i thought that it was the rim that was bent but it wasnt. It was actually a problem with the snare drum all together. You might be fourtunate though. Try taking off the head and actually tightening the actual lug on the inside. It will usually be a philips screw. If that doesnt work then you might have a problem with your snare drum which can be fixed by going down to your local music store and seeing if you can buy this type of locking plastic thing (name escapes me). But what it is, is just a tiny piece of plastic the you clip onto the knob at the top and what it does is actually locks it in place. It sits right agaisnt the rim thus making sure that the knob does not turn at all. and they cost like 5 bucks wish i knew the name to help more.

Back