Richie Hayward

Paul Quin

Pioneer Member
As I am sure many of you know, Richie passed away yesterday after battling cancer for the last few years. He was a fantastic drummer with more feel in his little finger than many generate in a lifetime. His playing with Little Feat, Robert Plant and many more inspired many, including me, to search for that elusive pocket that he owned so completely. He was also a gentleman and an all around good guy and we are all worse off that he is not around any more. Play a Little Feat tune today (maybe Fat Man in the Bathtub, or Cold, Cold, Cold. or Rock n' Roll Doctor) and raise your glass to Richie.

Last edited:
*sigh* ... you reach that age when names from your childhood fall away.

I used to have The Last Record Album. Great funky band, great drummer. Especially enjoyed Day or Night.

Thanks for the music, Ritchie ...

As I am sure many of you know, Richie passed away yesterday after battling cancer for the last few years. He was a fantastic drummer with more feel in his little finger than many generate in a lifetime. His playing with Little Feat, Robert Plant and many more inspired many, including me, to search for that elusive pocker that he owned so completely. He was also a gentleman and an all around good guy and we are all worse off that he is not around any more. Play a Little Feat tune today (maybe Fat Man in the Bathtub, or Cold, Cold, Cold. or Rock n' Roll Doctor) and raise your glass to Richie.
Bummer. I didn't know this yet, actually.

Truly sad. They used to play the Fox in St. Louis often. Richie killed it every time. The last time I saw them was in a parking lot in Las Vegas playing to about 200 people. Richie was still killing it.

"Richie Hayward on drums"

RICHIE WAS A GREAT INFLUENCE ON MY PLAYING. I LOVED LITTLE FEAT. I ACTUALLY RECORDED IN HOLLYWOOD WERE THEY USED TO PRACTICE. THERE WAS A HUGE MURAL ON THE CEILING WITH THAT BIG TOMATO ON IT.

I AM REALLY SORRY TO HEAR OF HIS PASSING. GOD BLESS, HE WAS AN AWESOME DRUMMER AND A HUGE INFLUENCE ON MY PLAYING .

As I am sure many of you know, Richie passed away yesterday after battling cancer for the last few years. He was a fantastic drummer with more feel in his little finger than many generate in a lifetime. His playing with Little Feat, Robert Plant and many more inspired many, including me, to search for that elusive pocket that he owned so completely. He was also a gentleman and an all around good guy and we are all worse off that he is not around any more. Play a Little Feat tune today (maybe Fat Man in the Bathtub, or Cold, Cold, Cold. or Rock n' Roll Doctor) and raise your glass to Richie.

You can count on it.

I'm not a huge Feat fan, but Day at the Dog Races was a great tune with great drumming.

RIP Richie.

I downloaded Waiting for Columbus today. Heard a little fat man in the bathtub and dixie chicken and spanish moon. I going to be listening to it in the car for months to come. Loved Richie's drumming.

Back