AA let down, dammit!!!!

Oh... AA batteries let down.

I thought Andy was going to say he used a Sabian AA cymbal and it let him down, or perhaps someone in the band fell off the wagon. haha
Yes to both of those :) I tried some Sabian AA's & they were a let down (actually, a very good cymbal series, but too one dimensional for my needs right now), so my son uses them. & our keys player did indeed fall off the wagon (ok, back of the band van)!

Oh yes Pol. Remember the effort that went into recording gigs in the late 70's, & the results were always truly appalling :)

The only recordings we had of gigs were from DI to the desk. We didn't have the gear ourselves.

I'd still rather power through the mains, even if it means a very long entension cord to the balcony or a less optimal position (though your short clip looked promising from the balcony in terms of visuals and balance). Batteries are such a risk. You took the risk and this time it didn't work out.

On the bright side, you're not entirely excluded - I'm sure a heard a bit of cymbal wash in there :)

Want t o get one for myself so I am pissed that I didn't get to see it too.

On a lighter note, I thought you meant alcoholics anonymous not double a batteries! Hope the AAs don't drive you to end up in AA.

I'd still rather power through the mains, even if it means a very long entension cord to the balcony or a less optimal position (though your short clip looked promising from the balcony in terms of visuals and balance). Batteries are such a risk. You took the risk and this time it didn't work out.

On the bright side, you're not entirely excluded - I'm sure a heard a bit of cymbal wash in there :)
Agreed on the mains Pol. Kicking myself, but it was a fairly big setup (although in a modest stage space) even though we had crew that evening, so I was short of time (+ still quite unwell).

& yes, I got a couple of cymbal washes in there. AWESOME TECHNIQUE DUDE!! (is that a representative title for the "your playing" section ;) ;) )

Want t o get one for myself so I am pissed that I didn't get to see it too.
Don't be put off getting one just because this idiot had a momentary brain fart. Mine's the lower definition one. I'm sure you'll be getting the HD version, & the visuals are seriously better (although still nowhere near those of a quality video camera).

I've had the same exact thing happen several times. At least one other time I got part way into a set and realized I failed to hit the record button, and couldn't do anything about it. Ugh.

I've also had batteries in my little reading light go out mid-set, which really sucks when you are in a very dimly lit venue.

Andy, sorry to hear of the battery let down, however, upon watching the few available minutes of the you tube clip I noticed some other performances by your band, which were excellent, I though the Cutting Crew cover was great, a little off topic, but may I ask what hats were you using in that song, they sounded awesome.

Andy, sorry to hear of the battery let down, however, upon watching the few available minutes of the you tube clip I noticed some other performances by your band, which were excellent, I though the Cutting Crew cover was great, a little off topic, but may I ask what hats were you using in that song, they sounded awesome.
Why thank you sir! Those hats are 14" Amedia Tigris series. No mic's either. For complexed & warm Turks, they also cut through more than you'd think, & our band sound is fairly big & full.

They sounded fantastic, as did you. Not a brand I am familiar with, but I am still a newbie in this world, and am enjoying learning more about the 'niche' manufactures, including yourself. Thanks for the information.

Looking at the clip I wonder if the Zoom takes more juice to film in low light conditions? I wouldn't be surprised if that is why it drained two new batteries so quickly.

Back