Clive Bunker

RodneyZepa

In the same era of Mitchell, Bonham, Ward, Moon is Clive Bunker who backed Jethro Tull from 1967 - 1971...Very cool drumming from albums This Was - Stand Up and several others...My jazz influences came from Mitch Mitchell - Clive Bunker - Bill Ward without even realizing it growing up in the late 60's and 70's...I'd played Big Band music with my father's band starting at age 10 (And I'm so glad I did) but really learned how to groove from Clive and was able to add this into my Rock and Blues drumming growing up...I consider Clive's drumming to be the most influencial of all...I'm sure Bill Bruford or Neil Peart listened to Clive back then as you can hear the chops used in Tull's music enter into their genre several years later...Also...I'd like to add B.J. Wilson into the mix...The drummer for Procol Harum at their inception...I'd seen B.J. do the drum solo for Power Failure around 1970 - 71 and was blown away...Since I'm at it...Have a listen to ELP 1st album (I believe) to Knife Edge - Tank - The Barbarian...Carl Palmer...Anyways, Clive Bunker...One of the best and no one ever talk's about his contributions...Drummer Hall of Fame without question...Thanks Clive...

I talk about him. He was completely incredible. Great imagination. Great technician. Great great drummer! "This Was" is still one of my favorite albums of all time. Jethro tull blues band. Mick Abrahams was great too. Clive is one of my hero's.

Amazing ..my biggest influences a young drummer playing rock music were almost all jazz players.Mitch Mitchel,Ginger Baker,Dino Danelli,and Clive Bunker.I was 12 when I heard my first Tull album.Almost all of my friends were listening to top 40 am radio and i was listening the these guys.Clive really blew me away on the This Was album.
Steve B

Back