Show off your Ludwigs? : )

stickers

Yup!

100_0965.jpg

I'll keep the vintage Luddy chain going even though this pic are really old, all of the cymbals have been replaced and the hardware is Ludwig flat based stands and a gibraltar flat base hi hat stand.
DSCF0050.jpg

My current Ludwig kits:

wflkit1.jpg

1959 transition kit in black diamond pearl

ludsbp2.jpg

1966 Club Date kit in Sky Blue Pearl

ludcortex.jpg

1975 clear maple kit in walnut Cortex

vlitectoms.jpg

1975 Vistalite in white

ludrwb.jpg

1976 clear maple kit in red/silver/blue sparkle

edukit.jpg

1979 Educator kit in maple Cortex

ludfadekit.jpg

2001 Classic Maple in grey fade (prototype finish)

jbsluds1.jpg

2006 Classic Maple in arctic white

ludleg.jpg

2008 Legacy Classic in arctic white

:)

Last edited:
Bermuda,
What is on the inside of the shells on the 69 Red Astro set? That looks insane, would you care to explain?

Beautiful kits all of them. For some reason, I have always been a fan of Ludwig.

Cool stuff folks!

MORE Please...

Peace,
Todd

Hey, bermuda, I dig the arctic white kit...but I may be a bit bias:

Attachments

• luds_1.jpg
    luds_1.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 10,304
wow, thats all I can say. These drums look so nice and give a nice vintage feel. My favorites so far: the arctic white kits and the red astro kit.
Keep the kits coming!

The Red Astro was one of several proprietary colors for the Standard series. On that kit - nesting drums that traveled inside the kick in one bag - the insides were finished with the same wrap as the outside. This pic from the Ludwig Standard catalog illustrates it better:

ludstan1.jpg

On the gold kit, I think the batters are G2 coated and the resos would probably be G1 coated (the kit is in deep storage, can't easily check right now.)

Bermuda

Hey Bermuda,
I noticed on your arctic white kit that the badges are oval shaped. Is that a special series? I've never seen that badge on Luddies before.

--LG

Hey Bermuda,
I noticed on your arctic white kit that the badges are oval shaped. Is that a special series? I've never seen that badge on Luddies before.

--LG

For some reason, that lacquer is considered an 'exotic' finish, which allows badge options. I happened to see that badge with that finish in person and thought it looked classy.

Bermuda

I think this thread has already been done somewhere, but I'll play.
One of my 'Wigs from around '78

Attachments

• Humboldt 8.jpg
    Humboldt 8.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 9,832
Hey, bermuda, I dig the arctic white kit...but I may be a bit bias:

All of a sudden ......I think I love a "white kit" ......sweet!! Both Bermuda and Zambizzi!!

You know what's coming........Zambizzi, ......that kit made me piddle! :)

Anyhow....makes me want to order a new Legacy Classic....right NOW!
I just wish they'd get their act together and make more colors available. However, I do like the fact that they are offering wraps. That's one thing the major companies lack...their high-end kits only come in lacquer finish options.........

Regarding the Red Astro Kit, Thanks Bermuda, I was just curious, as I have never seen that before.

Keep 'em coming!

Peace,
Todd

That has to be one of my favorite kits on the forum. Amazing!

Wow, thanks!

Hey fusssion - I bought that kit on a whim (mostly because I got it for somewhere around $700 *under* retail). I'm not sorry that I did...I had heard good things and it's validated. I put my DW aside a month ago and haven't played it since - there's no denying the sound of these kits!

You wouldn't need to spend 2x more on a Legacy Classic (unless you just *have* to have the 3-ply reinforced shells)...the Classic Maples are incredible.

Wow, thanks!

Hey fusssion - I bought that kit on a whim (mostly because I got it for somewhere around $700 *under* retail). I'm not sorry that I did...I had heard good things and it's validated. I put my DW aside a month ago and haven't played it since - there's no denying the sound of these kits!

You wouldn't need to spend 2x more on a Legacy Classic (unless you just *have* to have the 3-ply reinforced shells)...the Classic Maples are incredible.

Hmmm, maybe that's the way to go then?!? Can you send me a sound file of you whacking those things?! Thanks!

Back