Aussies actually won medals at the Winter Olympics!!

drumkat

We come from a scorching, searing sunburnt country

Yet, our Aussies STILL managed to bag a silver and 2 bronze medals!

Good on ya guys....

well actually, parts of the East Coast are snowy and freezing like the dickens but ahh, what the hey

Over here in the West, I think a single snowflake would have us all in a panic

With a sparse population density, we came through and beat some of the best

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE.....oi oi oi !!!!

Geez I love mah country!!

Hey popcorn....

Yeah, I forgot about them

Apparently their bobsled never turned up in the luggage, so they had to practice in a sports shed

I would love to know how they did though...

They remain as lovable as ever, drawing big crowds wherever they went in Sochi. But they almost never got here at all. And after a 29th-place finish in the two-man competition with a 46-year-old driver, the program faces an uncertain future as it tries to move from novelty act to legitimate medal contender.

Their equipment arrived in the nick of time, but the Jamaicans had a rough go of it on the track in Krasnaya Polyana. Their sled almost flipped over on their second run, and the only reason they didn’t finish in last place was that Serbia failed to finish the competition.

Yes, well done Aussies!

Us Brits are historically crap at the winter Olympics too. We bagged a gold, a silver, & two bronze this time (got cheated big time on the girl's speed skating). Only Scotland has any form of reliable snow deal going on. In stark contrast, given the size of our nation, I thought our team performance at the London Olympics last year was stellar!

Bless the Brits and the Jamaicans

There's kind of a clue in the name Snowy Mountain Range.

Now in Cornwall we only get snow about once a decade. That's why there are no Cornish ski-jumping champions.

Well done Australia, good on yer sports.

One of the luge contenders was from Townsville for God's sake (one of the most hot and humid places I've ever lived in North Queensland).
Didn't come close to winning a medal but amazing just for him to be there!

Back