5 Sabian splashes

1 Zildjian crash
1 Zildjian ride

So, 24 currently.

8 rides
4 crashes
4 pairs of hihats
2 China

I've put the most energy into collecting rides. Even though 8 is a small number compared to some others, they're mostly all really special sounding cymbals.

I pretty much just use one pair of hihats for everything these days. There are other Hi hat sounds I'd like in my arsenal but I never seem to have the money when I come across special sounding examples of those.

I'm kind of sick of crashes in general and my crashes specifically. If I had money to burn I'd spend some time looking harder for some new ones but usually there's lots of other priorities ahead of that.

I keep one China because it sounds nice on the extremely rare occasion I need one for recording. I keep the other because it's so cheap and unpleasing it wouldn't be worth the time to try and sell it.

In general I have expensive turkish-type tastes, so when I see new cymbals I like they're usually in the $500 and up range. Not so bad but i can always think of 10 other things that kind of money would be useful for...

Beginner here. After 40 years of guitar and bass, I acquired a 5 piece Ludwig Accent kit plus Rototoms at a garage sale for $100. I could NOT pass that up. It came with the Paiste 302's and I added the others, plus new snare and hat stands and a boom stand for the cymbals. My wife just shakes her head. My youngest Grandson is showing not only interest but aptitude on the drums when he comes over (his older brother just beats on em) so I'll give this kit to him in a few years if he wants it. His Brother will get all the guitar stuff.

Hats - Paiste 302
16" crash - Paiste 302
16" crash - Zildjian "S"
10" splash - Sabian B8x
20" ride - Paiste 302

Back