DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 11-09-2018, 06:19 PM

Default live setup with backing track

question: not strictly e-drum related but sort of
I want to add a backing track live and add some of my e-kit to my acoustic setup.
I usually play to a set click from a metronome on my phone direct to IEM's
I have a (latest)Mac, SD2/AD, studio one, TD50 module at my disposal

I want to be able to output a backing track (tambourine, synth etc..) and sounds triggered from SD to the PA from my laptop, and get the click in my IEM's.
Without doing the whole panning click to L and everything else to R is there a way that I could split the backing track, click and the SD output from a laptop to PA and my IEMS?

Does anyone run a similar setup?
Thanks, Scott
Old 11-11-2018, 04:23 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: live setup with backing track

Trying to put the click in there will be tricky. That's why everyone does the mono/click thing.

I think you would need a second click device that would also be triggered to start with your laptop tracks. It should be easy enough to dump it in one or both channels for playback but I don't know what the device would be.

You could try setting you TD50 click to the proper tempo, building in an intro click on the tracks and manually start the TD50 click but that leave too much room for failure in a live setting.

If money was no object, you could build a click track along with your other tracks and install it alone on a SPD_SX or other sampler and accurately start it manually with a drumstick on a pad.

I decided that stereo wasn't important to me and just went with the standard click on one channel.