DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 11-10-2018, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member

Default What jams you up?

As drummers, there are a lot of things that can jam you up.

Whether it's the bass pedal getting stuck in the pant leg, or long sleeves and cargo pockets grabbing at the sticks, what are some of your drumming things that jam you up?

Mic stands and flat based cymbal stands are another one I can think of.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:36 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: What jams you up?

Long sleeves and shoes. If I have a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt on it eventually creeps over my hands and kills any rebound. The butt of my stick gets hung up on the inside of my sleeves.

Shoes bother me. I play in socks and have been since the beginning. I grew up in a 'no shoes in the house' household, so socks it was. I can play in shoes, but it feels really weird. Actually, I'm not really a big fan of shoes in general. Slippers on the other hand...

I can't play in shorts either. My knees eventually contact the snare and I don't like it. Baggy cargo pants or camos all the way.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:43 AM
Silver Member

Getting to a venue, and the entire area they have set up for a four-piece rock band and a DJ is about the size of the average drum riser.

Being in a loud rock band (not louder than average, just typical live band volume), someone seeing you live, then hiring you for a gig. Then when you get to the gig, they start going on about wanting the music to be quiet enough that people can talk over it. Oh, you want Crazy Train at 60db? Riiiiiight.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:36 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack View Post
Long sleeves and shoes. If I have a long sleeve shirt or sweatshirt on it eventually creeps over my hands and kills any rebound. The butt of my stick gets hung up on the inside of my sleeves.

Shoes bother me. I play in socks and have been since the beginning. I grew up in a 'no shoes in the house' household, so socks it was. I can play in shoes, but it feels really weird. Actually, I'm not really a big fan of shoes in general. Slippers on the other hand...

I can't play in shorts either. My knees eventually contact the snare and I don't like it. Baggy cargo pants or camos all the way.
Dang MrInsane we must brothers of another mother. Sleeves muck me up too. I'm the same way shoes just barefoot rather than socks. I can play with shoes-but when I'm nervous and the heat is on I want to be barefoot to be in me element. Do you grab the chain of your hi hat between your big toe and next? Yeah I'm a monkey. I roll up my pants because my beater gets hung in my sleeves. . It must be a common problem-that are we are bros.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetAgrippa View Post
Dang MrInsane we must brothers of another mother. Sleeves muck me up too. I'm the same way shoes just barefoot rather than socks. I can play with shoes-but when I'm nervous and the heat is on I want to be barefoot to be in me element. Do you grab the chain of your hi hat between your big toe and next? Yeah I'm a monkey. I roll up my pants because my beater gets hung in my sleeves. . It must be a common problem-that are we are bros.
I never intentionally grabbed the chain, but I have run in to it. It pushes my sock between my toes and that feels weird. Never really had the beater getting stuck issue. I do grip the side of the pedal sorta at times. Kinda like foot half off with my toes curled.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:20 AM
bud7h4
This message has been deleted by bud7h4.