Looking for a snare drum..

Nic the Drummer

Hi, i'm new to drummerworld and this is my first post. What Initially wanted an opinion on is a new snare drum. I recently had a CB700 Steel snare, and a first act snare. I didnt like either of them. I have a price range of only 60-130 and i'd like to get either a birch or and acrylic, so does anyone have a suggestion?

For that money you can get a Ludwig Acrolite on EBay. You can't go wrong. Do a search and you will see what I am talking about.

It's also possible to find Tama Starclassic Performer (birch) snare drums at the high end of your range on eBay.

Another vote for the Acrolite.
As Mucky said, do a search for 'Acrolite' on the forum.
For what is considered to be a 'student' snare, you can get pretty much any sound you want out of it for whatever type of music you play.

Chalk up another vote for the Acrolite. Great snares. Coming from your CB (which I used to have several thousand moons ago) you'll be amazed. There's nothing "student" level about it. It's the same shell as a Supra just without the chrome plating, and it's an 8 lug (like many high end snares) on the 5x14 version as opposed to the 10 lug Supra.

Acro FTW!

I bought this 6.5X14, 10 lug, black galaxy Acrolite new, only because I couldn't find this model used when I wanted it. However, I have since seen them go for around $150.00 which is slightly more than the upper end of your range.

If you can find one of these I would jump on it...One of the sweetest sounding, versatile snares I've heard...Good luck!

DSCN0981.jpg

DSCN0976-1.jpg

Back