umm, is there a way to change your name on this site?

Ooooh, not true Abe. They're a fully operational regiment currently serving in most conflicts we're involved in.

As for user names, I'm sometimes under a bit of peer pressure to change it to "mostly keeps it simple". I'd prefer "chops monster" or "dark stallion", but they just further perpetuate my delusional state.

I stand corrected, Andy. Didnt realize they were operational..

You, more than anyone else on this forum should reconsider your user name. It is so far from accurate.

What sword is that, Harry? Thats not a Samurai blade is it? Thought those were more curved with a slightly different handle..
Correct you are, about the Katana and the Wakizashi being curved ... and those are the two swords the Samurai carried. My blade is a Ninjato, and double edged ... and with it a Tanto knife.​
Gurkhas and Enfields.. now thats old skool, on both counts.
A present day Gurkha, with an Enfield SA-80 ... Afghanistan 2011 ...​

Attachments

• 9ccdd46fa4aaebecd80ae29df42b-grande.jpg
    9ccdd46fa4aaebecd80ae29df42b-grande.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,396
Last edited:
I just realized that before now I was just a junior member, now I'm a, "Not Pat, just fake!!" I guess this isn't that bad after all, because, " Not Pat, just fake!!!" is higher up the member rankings anyways right?

The most recent casualty of the British campaign in Afghanistan was a Gurka. Rifleman Vijay Rai, from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles, was shot dead in the Nahr-e Saraj district of Helmand province on 15 October. Details (together with hundreds of others) here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10629358

If the birthplace is 'Nepal' then it is a Gurkha. :-(

The improved SA80 is a serious bit of kit. The old models had all sorts of issues but the improved models are reportedly much better and now more reliable than other similar models like the Steyr AUG, although I'll grant you that the AUG was a much better weapon fifteen years ago.

In close quarters, the SA80 is probably a better weapon. It's that bit shorter than the AUG although I do get your point. Certainly there was little sense in keeping the SA80 a few years ago before the improvements.

I was confusing Teyshaun with an ex football player KeyShawn. My bad.

Just send a message in a bottle, to Bernhard - The Swiss master!

Not sure how the thread got derailed quite so much but I've enjoyed reading :p

Thanks for the laughs and pictures guys

I just had mine changed, I dare you all to figure out who I am now!
Go Ahead, Guess.

Ugh hate that thing. It's a real shame our brave soldiers have to be burdened with that POS .....
Have you ever fired the Enfield?​
The improved SA80 is a serious bit of kit. The old models had all sorts of issues but the improved models are reportedly much better and now more reliable than other similar models like the Steyr AUG, although I'll grant you that the AUG was a much better weapon fifteen years ago.

In close quarters, the SA80 is probably a better weapon. It's that bit shorter than the AUG although I do get your point. Certainly there was little sense in keeping the SA80 a few years ago before the improvements.
Agreed, the people at H&K "totally" re-vamped the SA-80 to it's L85A2 configuration ... and it's become a "pretty fine" firearm ... much like the M-16 took several years to fine tune ... and now it's the second most massed produced assault rifle, in the world.​
Over here ... pretty much forget getting your hands on the L85A2 ... although there's something called the Prexis PL-85 ... it's a $3K weapon. A little too rich, for my blood.​

You wouldn't be able to get your hands on either here unless you're in the armed forces.

One of my cousins was in the Royal Marines and my second Uncle is in the Royal Artillery but I probably won't want to ask them about the weapons!

Ugh hate that thing. It's a real shame our brave soldiers have to be burdened with that POS .....
Have you ever fired the Enfield?​
Of course not. Do you think they just let anyone walk onto a firing range and start shooting an automatic weapon? No chance.
Just putting that POS comment into "perspective".​

Back