What is this set, please please help!

TylerYeah

Okay so for Christmas my step dad bought me a set for 200$ included all hardware but only a crash cymbal, it has 3 toms and it came with a pearl expert series snare. Now I know he got ripped off but I replaced all heads with remo emperors except snare (controlled sound) paiste pst 5 thin 16" crash and pst rock hi hats. Gibraltar pedal with wood beater. But I still am curious who makes the set, it's called the mark ii, any ideas?

The Mark kit is just a inexpensive kit. If I remember the bass drum has 6 lugs as does the floor toms and it uses a rivet to hold the tom tilter mechanism to some very thin walled tubing . Not a very good quality kit.

yes i realize this.. :( do you know who makes it? or where i can find more info about it?

That looks to be made in Tiawan by Pearl.Those are pearl type lugs and tom mounts,but not made to the same quality as Pearl marked drums.The snare you have is an Export series drum and they don't sound all that terrible.Yep,thank Dad just the same but he paid about 100 too much.Don't hit them too hard and start saving now for a new kit.

Steve B

That looks to be made in Tiawan by Pearl.Those are pearl type lugs and tom mounts,but not made to the same quality as Pearl marked drums.The snare you have is an Export series drum and they don't sound all that terrible.Yep,thank Dad just the same but he paid about 100 too much.Don't hit them too hard and start saving now for a new kit.

Steve B

I figured they say pearl on the mounts but I figured they were bought separately. But yeah I replaced all the heads except the resos, I'm looking for some shells without hardware. Any ideas?

I would just save my money.If you are thinking about buying raw shells,and using the hardware you have to build a kit.....don't.If you had top shelf hardware I might say go ahead,but the hardware you have is not made to the same specs as pro grade Pearl hardware,and you would likely be replacing it somewhere down the line.

Remember those drums were sold for a few hundred bucks,in JC Penny,and Walmart,as well as some big box music stores like Guitar center.How good can the hardware be?

Steve B

Steve B

I agree. Even a Pearl Forum is much better kit. Play these and learn some drum wisdom. Save your money and buy a better set if you decide to keep playing. Do not buy new shells and use this hardware. This hardware is poor at best. Happy drumming.

Keep that kit and use it as a spare. You never know when you have to play in less-than-desirable conditions and that kit would be perfect for stuff like that. I agree with the others, if you're looking to upgrade, just get a whole 'nother kit. But keep that one for all the jobs you don't want to drag your nice ones to.

Back