Cool, unique and exotic drum parts and sounds to add to my drum kit??

lokariototal

Hello guys,

What are examples of cool and exotic drum parts and sounds that I can add to my drum kit?

I want to buy something new for my drum kit. I've been looking in meinl.com, lppercussion.com, amazon and more. Im looking for something exotic and unique (and if possible of an accesible price)

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Gosh there are hundreds of doodads you could get....I use 2 cowbells, small and large, and a drumset mounted tambourine. But there are vibra slaps, whistles, woodblocks, windchimes, rainsticks, effect cymbals, octabons, ice bells, bongos...you could use your imagination and mount anything that makes a cool sound you like, a cast iron frying pan for instance. I find with the 2 bells and the tambourine, I can cover almost any song out there, so they are must haves for me. I do also have wind chimes with me but haven't been setting them up for quite a while. The other stuff I can get by without, but I guess it depends what sounds you have in your head.

Check out the korg wavedrum i've been wanting one for awhile..lol..one drum does so many things.

Bonzolead

Check out the korg wavedrum i've been wanting one for awhile..lol..one drum does so many things.

Bonzolead

Good idea, one pad, multiple tones. But then there's the electronic aspect of setting it up, hearing it, blahdey blahdey blah. I wouldn't be caught dead with any electronic stuff on my kit, I prefer real acoustic tones. Admittedly, I am a little backwards in that area.

Good idea, one pad, multiple tones. But then there's the electronic aspect of setting it up, hearing it, blahdey blahdey blah. I wouldn't be caught dead with any electronic stuff on my kit, I prefer real acoustic tones. Admittedly, I am a little backwards in that area.
Believe me I prefer the real thing also but as a gigging drummer w/ a pa you can get a lot of sounds out of one drum and doesn't. take up a lot of space, we know how important that is...lol. it's a real drumhead & not a pad which is also cool.

Bonzolead

Back