Drum HEADPHONES

dougaha18

Hello,

Recently I've been looking for a set of headphones to use when playing drums. I like to play along with a metronome and a lot with my iPod. I really want a set of headphones that will be loud for the click and give me clear music to play along with when using the iPod. Right now I've just been putting sony headphones inside my Vic Firth Isolation Headphones. It just doesn't work for me anymore.

Thank You,
Dougaha18

I like these.

372426.jpg

If you can go upwards to $100 USD, there's probably no better headphones with better isolation than the Sennheiser HD-280's. I believe they state that the isolation is about 31 decibels. I have a pair and they have better isolation than any of my Sony 7506, Beyerdynamics DT 770 or Audio Technica ATH -M50's, all of which I use for drum tracking. The 280's also has a flatter, more peak free frequency response than that of the Vic Firth phones.

Dennis

I bought these philips noise cancelling headphones for $40 when I was in america recently but you can get them from $21.00 here:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-110-Folding-Noise-Canceling-Headphones/dp/B00085ESA0

they're great heaphones and I play with a metronome or along to my iPod normally, with the sound reduction switched on I plug them straight through my iPod (no amplifier, like I used to do with other headphones) and play my iPod at half volume and I can hear everything perfectly, with just the right amount of click/music and drums.

If you don't have £50-£100 to spend, but still want a great set of headphones for drum practice, I would strongly recommend these. (and, they're REALLY comfy, I could practice all day with these!)

Back