Bands you're embarrased to say you like...

Nickleback. If they got rid of Chads vocals, I'd be less embarrassed

Only if I was slowly tortured might I admitt that I like The Cure. Only because for years I taunted my little sister for liking them when we were teenagers. Somehow they grew on me, faith-karma who knows the twists of life. Say nothing... Dom Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum........

I still like to listen to some of the popular songs from the 1980's hair metal bands. I've always like the band Stryper, and even went to see them at a concert last year.

The Lonely Island, their songs may be ridiculous, but they actually are very well produced and have some nice pockets here and there for fooling around on the drums. My bandmates don't understand why I think Heart is good... I don't understand why they can't see that they are talented in every single instrument!

King Crimson, Frank Zappa, Jethro Tull, Captain Beefheart, Mahavishnu O.

When I'm hanging out with other women these are not bands I talk about - ever. Roughly equivalent to you guys telling your band that you're right into Lady Gaga and Keisha.

It's just embarrassing ... but life would be less fun without our little guilty pleasures :)

Davethis, David Sylvian is great! How could he be uncool in any circles?
Pollyanna ! your right Sylvian is awesome and everything he's done ive enjoyed. I do remeber though in the nineties reading somewhere that they were voted the worst band in the world ! probably by Kerrang! magazine or something - man those Japan boys did wear some serious make-up back in the day !
Now Talk Talk - thats a band you can be proud of !!
SOOOOOOO UNDER-RATED

Pollyanna ! your right Sylvian is awesome and everything he's done ive enjoyed. I do remeber though in the nineties reading somewhere that they were voted the worst band in the world ! probably by Kerrang! magazine or something - man those Japan boys did wear some serious make-up back in the day !
Now Talk Talk - thats a band you can be proud of !!
SOOOOOOO UNDER-RATED

Yea, I have the Brilliant Trees album and the moods, sounds, rhythms and melodies are very original - and great. I liked Talk Talk back in the day but was never huge on them and haven't heard them for a long time, tho I had friends who were.

On this board, I think Dusty Springfield wouldn't be very cool. Come to think of it, I could make a decent claim to be in the most uncool band on this forum ... if not, then we just have to try harder :)

I wasn't a Gaga fan untill I seen her live show Wow.. She is a great singer! She does not lip sync and is a great piano player! I have nothing but respect for her. Her band was great and the drummer had some smokin chops. Great stuff! Check her out! Don't be scared..lol

I've got another one: America.
I think a lot of people are too hard on them, I think they're very talented people.
You can't go wrong with ventura highway, and horse with no name is a classic.

Back