Who has experience with Roland and ddrum triggers?

stickcharmer

I'm trying to gather info on these in a central place to help me make a decision on these. Besides the obvious price difference, are there any advantages to one over the other? I'm looking at longevity and of course, sensitivity. I have played around on the ddrum triggers a little, but I know little about how they should handle compared to an ekit pad. BTW, the searches that I have done suggest ddrum, but that's mainly due to price. I'm referring to the RT-10's (5's) and the ddrum pros (red ones).

Thanks

So I purchased a set of ddrum pro triggers and set them up to my converted acoustic. I have a Heart Magnum on my snare and the rest of the set up is equipped with Pearl mesh heads. none of these heads seem to work that well with the triggers no matter the setup at the brain or the tension on the heads. BTW, I'm using a Yamaha DTX500 module. What I did find to work extremely well was adding some foam padding to the underside of the heads to deaden some of the bounce and the triggers now work wonderfully. What I am wondering now is whether or not the Rolands respond better to mesh heads without the padding vs the ddrum triggers. Hmmm Any one? Any one?

Today I discovered that one of my tom triggers is not triggering properly. Its taking quite a bit of force to get it to trigger... One day in and I'm having issues with the sensitivity...Fug. Perhaps these are not at good as the Rolands. Ill be replacing that one and Ill see how long these others last.

Back