UDRUM CUSTOM DRUMS!

klopee

*ADDED NEW PICTURES, SCROLL DOWN*

So i went to pickup my brand new custom drumkit from a canadian company called UDRUM, and i couldnt be more pleased.

specs: 12x8, 14x14, 20x20 with a 13x6.5 snare. all maple and all custom.
on the blue drums i have black chrome tube lugs, 50% offset, on the snare is silber tube lugs.

any more specs, just ask. i'll post more once there actually setup.

edit: the outdoor pics make the blue look more green and pale than it actually is. but still very sexy :)

udrum_1_001.jpg

udrum_1_002.jpg

udrum_1_003.jpg

udrum_1_004.jpg

udrum_1_005.jpg

udrum_1_006.jpg

udrum_1_007.jpg

udrum_1_008.jpg

udrum_1_009.jpg

udrum_1_010.jpg

udrum_1_011.jpg

udrum_1_012.jpg

udrum_1_013.jpg

udrum_1_014.jpg

udrum_1_015.jpg

udrum_1_016.jpg

udrum_1_017.jpg

NEW PICS AS OF DECEMBER 23, 2008
n1424527541_154096_9975.jpg

imgp1855.jpg

imgp1858.jpg

imgp1859.jpg

SDMG_0005_012.jpg

SDMG_0005_025.jpg

SDMG_0005_046.jpg

SDMG_0005_018.jpg

sorry for all the pics... i was just so gosh darn excited lol.

Last edited:
Dude, I love that blue finish! Looks amazing. I'd love to see them all set up with your cymbals and stuff. How do they sound?

thanks a lot man. the blue is actually my own concoction, i designed the colour and they custom matched it.

they sound amazing. im so happy. i have been using the same exports since i was 13 (8 years now) so its nice to have good sounding drums finally :)

Yeah, the way the wood grain shows thru the blue is spectacular. Sweet.

Cool looking blue, I must admit they do look Sweet!
The black lugs & suspension look great.
I have to ask, why the different color snare?

I would love to hear an Audio file of them :^)

Chazz

Wow....freakin - WOW!
Those look fantastic klopee, i love how the snare contasts but also compliments the kit.
Just wondering about the shells - maple, birch, ...?
Congrats, i know yer gonna have fun playing them!
Oh - almost forgot - where in canada exactly did you find them?

I have to ask, why the different color snare?
\

ivg always found the look of a matching snare to be cheesy.. not sure why. it always reminds me of low end starter kits (please dont tear me a new one about this... its just MY opinion) and iv always liked snares to be there own entity.

also, the snare only cost me $50, the owner of the company likes me, so when i bought the kit, he said he would throw in a snare free, i just had to pay for the upgrades (and the tube lugs being $50) so i didnt really have much to lose, so i vaguely described the colour i wanted, and said 'go for it'. i had no intention of nitpicking over a basically free $450 snare. and honestly it came out great.

in the pics.. the closeup of just the snare is what the colour actually looks like, the stacked pics where its orange are kinda off lol.

Just wondering about the shells - maple, birch, ...?
Oh - almost forgot - where in canada exactly did you find them?

all maple. and the company is in waterdown (near burlington). if you want to check out more of their creations.. check out www.udrum.com

also, some bigger name canadian drummers use or have used udrum kits, like the drummers for: Silverstein, Not By Choice, I Mother Earth, Farewell To Freeway, Ill Scarlett, Hunter Valentine, Finger Eleven, Protest The Hero, Alexisonfire

I'm buying UDRUM cherry bomb soon man, I hope its as nice as your cans:)
dude, it is seriously nice. i was checking them out today.. and they are awesome. swav from ill scarlett, paul koehler from silverstein and rich beddoe from finger eleven are all endorsed with the cherrybomb.

thanks everyone for their kind words

Awesome drums man, congrats. they look incredible and I'm in agreement, we need set up with cymbals pics..lol. And a sound file sometime soon too. :)

I'm with you on the snare, I prefer my snares to Not match my kits, Just my preference.

First off thats a great looking kit. Im from Canada and live like 3 hours away from burlington in windsor and been looking into a new kit for sometime and ive really been looking into udrums im wondering if you had and video and something so i could hear them, than maybe drive up and test em out.

Really beautiful drums NEED AUDIO !!! I really want to hear that bass drum cannon. Thing looks SICK!!!
congrats
mikey o

Holy crap, your kit is perfect! I love that blue, what is the finish called?? And I really like how your snare looks red in certain pictures then orange in others. Definitely one of my favourite kits on the forum. I agree with you on the non-matching snare, it makes your kit look so unique and personal.

Beautiful kit! Can't wait for set up pics!

Definitely one of my favourite kits on the forum.
that means so much to me. thank you

I love that blue, what is the finish called??
i actually custom designed the colour from a concept i had in mind (navy blue overtone with a turquose undertone so in the shimmer of direct light it looks turquose) and the custom drum company custom matched the colour to my concept. they say they are keeping it on file, because in the month since my kit came back from the finishers, to when it was ready fro pickup, they got a whole bunch of compliments on the colour.

Beautiful kit! Can't wait for set up pics!

the room my band rehearses in is really dark and dingy and has super low ceilings, so im gonna hopefully get some pics when i play the kathedral in toronto in 2 weeks.

update: i FINALLY got to play them last night (my guitarist whos house we rehearse in was out of town, and i live in an apartment) and they sound AMAZING!!! even my singer (who loves to push my buttons, and would ususally tell me how aweful they sound) compliemted them haha.

i thought i would have to get used to the 14x14 floor with my 12x8 (im used to a 12x9/16x16) but the 14 has all the same low end as my 16, without any of the ugly thud.

and the kick! sweet jesus does this thing pound! i have a very thin body pillow that i wrap around the inside of the shell against the batter side, and it has sooo much attack, but again, no ugly thud, its so crisp!

i didnt know what good drums sounded like until i played these

Absolutely beautiful!! I hope you get many great years out of those drums, they really are amazing!!

Back