Dunnet R40

Robbo Cop

Hi guys,

Just a quick question .. Will the above throw off be ok for use on a 14x4 picolo snare?

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks for the reply's guys. I've heard great things about the Dunnet throw off's and also some bad, how do they fail?

Rob ...

Why is an R40 "cheap"? I have had Dunnett products for nearly 15 years now and the only thing that ever broke was the Nickel throw off that came with the drum.

The Trick throwoffs are definitely nice, I've got drums with them as well. But don't knock the R40s and call them cheap because they're definitely not.

for shallow snares I would go R7 instantly. Classic look and small footprint.

scgr7c_lg.jpg

MClassic-Feature-e-lores.jpg

The bottom picture of an R7 appears to have a spring jury-rigged on the lower cylinder to force the center channel down during tension changes. While I love Dunnett's stuff, that particular picture isn't necessarily one that would instill confidence in that particular product.

It looks to have a spring on that picture. Yet every strainer I know of, has a spring. Is that bad? Ive tried it and is just as solid as the other ones. Just sleeker. Also three step tension setting and quick release snarewire connection for easy changes.

It's certainly not bad. The spring is being used to force the piston downward as it appears to rely on gravity to do it.

If it were supposed to have a spring, you would see a circular retainer on the base to keep the spring centered so that it didn't rub-against and score the piston walls.

Back