DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Cymbals

Cymbals Discuss Cymbals

Old 03-17-2019, 12:41 AM
Gold Member

Default Just scored a used Paiste 22in Sig full Ride

I have been thinking of buying a Paiste ride for a while now. I started with a 17in Sig Fast Crash, it had something different about it that made me curious about other sizes and models. From there I ran across a demo model of the 19in full Sig, it was a heavier crash then I was used to but I warmed up to it and liked that it was actually brighter then the 17in. I jumped on the bigger hi hat bandwagon with a pair of 15in 602 ME and those are just crazy good in every way (clean, musical, versatile) again got a lucky deal on those at Sweetwater as a demo model. Leaning towards the bigger crash phase I got a used 602 classic thin 20in crash that works great as a Crash/ride. Ok I'll stop talking now just had to tell my road to Paiste story. I found out the 22in full sig ride was in production once before, then discontinued and they are just now reissuing them at $524 a lid. I scored this for $291 on Ebay with a $10 off coupon. Has anyone here ever heard or played one, it's a bit washy from the only 2 or 3 video's I have managed to find. Was hoping someone here may be familiar with this model and could give me their opinion. Here is a link to were I got it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333101407543
Old 03-17-2019, 01:09 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Just scored a used Paiste 22in Sig full Ride

I had a 20 Sig full ride, not the 22.
It was the first Paiste I got after using Zildjians for a long time.
I really liked it at first because it was so different, but the sound started to irritate me after a while, so I sold it.

That's just me though. I keep coming back to Zildjian.
There's a lot of people who love and only use Paiste, so maybe one of them will chime in on the 22.

Last edited by wildbill; 03-17-2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: maybe, not many
Old 03-17-2019, 02:37 AM
Silver Member

The sigs are very bright and some think they're too "cutting". On a loud stage in a live setting they will be heard when played normally.

I have several fast crashes and love 'em. I have 14" signature sound edge hi hats, too. They cut like a knife.

For a ride cymbal I wanted a warmer ping and good wash underneath. I found it with a 20" Sig traditional. when I switched to heavier sticks, it washed too much so I went with a 22" 602 Modern Essential.

Finding the ride cymbal that you enjoy is a journey, that's for sure.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:43 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
I had a 20 Sig full ride, not the 22.
It was the first Paiste I got after using Zildjians for a long time.
I really liked it at first because it was so different, but the sound started to irritate me after a while, so I sold it.

That's just me though. I keep coming back to Zildjian.
There's a lot of people who love and only use Paiste, so many one of them will chime in on the 22.
Majority of mine are Zildjians as well and when I need a change I switch them up. I hope it ends up working well, thanks wildbill