bass: 16x20
and a Ludwig Black magic snare....

paragon chinese 19"
HHX power hats 14"
HHX power ride 20"
HHX evolution crash 18" and 17"
HHX evolution o-zone 16"
Vault Fierce Crash 16"

Kit- Mapex Saturn 6-Peice (24x18, 10x8,12x9, 16x16 and 18x16)

Snare- Mapex 13x6 Maple Black Panther (main) and Pork Pie 12x5 Little Squealer

Heads- Aquarian
Snare- Hi-Energy w/ Power Dot with Classic Clear on bottom
Toms- Response IIs on top with Classic Clears on bottom
Kick- Super Kick II

Cymbals- Sabian
Hats- HH 13" Fusion Hats, HHX 14" Groove Hats
Crashes- AA 16" Medium Crash, HH 18" Rock Crash, AA 19" Rock Crash, HH 22" Jose Pasillas Raw-Bell Dry Crash/Ride Prototype
Ride- HH 21" Raw-Bell Dry Ride
Effects- AAX 8" Splash, Vault 9" Max Splash, AAX 12" O-Zone Splash, AAX 15" Xtreme Chinese, AAX 19" Xtreme Chinese, HHX 20" Chinese, Vault Radia 9" Cup Chime

Pedals and Hardware- Tama Powerglide Iron Cobra Double Pedal, Tama Velvo-Glide Iron Cobra Hi Hat Stand, Various Stands

Percussion- Latin Percussion Black Beauty Cowbell, Latin Percussion Rock Ridge Rider Cowbell, Latin Percussion Cyclops Tambourine, Latin Percussion Medium Pitched Red Jam Block

There you go! By the end of the summer all of that will be mine! Next kit... LUDWIG CLASSIC MAPLE!

Kit- Mapex Saturn 6-Peice (24x18, 10x8,12x9, 16x16 and 18x16)

Snare- Mapex 13x6 Maple Black Panther (main) and Pork Pie 12x5 Little Squealer

Heads- Aquarian
Snare- Hi-Energy w/ Power Dot with Classic Clear on bottom
Toms- Response IIs on top with Classic Clears on bottom
Kick- Super Kick II

Cymbals- Sabian
Hats- HH 13" Fusion Hats, HHX 14" Groove Hats
Crashes- AA 16" Medium Crash, HH 18" Rock Crash, AA 19" Rock Crash, HH 22" Jose Pasillas Raw-Bell Dry Crash/Ride Prototype
Ride- HH 21" Raw-Bell Dry Ride
Effects- AAX 8" Splash, Vault 9" Max Splash, AAX 12" O-Zone Splash, AAX 15" Xtreme Chinese, AAX 19" Xtreme Chinese, HHX 20" Chinese, Vault Radia 9" Cup Chime

Pedals and Hardware- Tama Powerglide Iron Cobra Double Pedal, Tama Velvo-Glide Iron Cobra Hi Hat Stand, Various Stands

Percussion- Latin Percussion Black Beauty Cowbell, Latin Percussion Rock Ridge Rider Cowbell, Latin Percussion Cyclops Tambourine, Latin Percussion Medium Pitched Red Jam Block

There you go! By the end of the summer all of that will be mine! Next kit... LUDWIG CLASSIC MAPLE!

There is a guy selling a like new Saturn on San Antonios craigslist in 22x14(yes 14") 12x9, 14x14, 16x16 and snare I believe for $750 in Rootbeer burst. I was thinking about buying it just because of the price.

My goal: Slingerland drums, Carmine Appice's set up style.
Carmine endorses Aquarian drum heads.

Attachments

• CarmineAppice_Setup.jpg
    CarmineAppice_Setup.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 5,969
  • ext_carmine_appice_white_320pix.jpg
    ext_carmine_appice_white_320pix.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 5,105
Last edited:
Looking for some K's and will have my Musashi oak customized (pics soon) to roll with the Steve J. Walker Band.

Will add a 18" Z Custom china for my current band. If I win the lotto or come up with some big cash I will order my new Odery kit.

I'm not sure if this is a "Dream Kit" for me but I really would love to have the Gretsch Catalina Maple.

catmaple.jpg

I sat behind this kit at a store not to long ago and what a beautiful sound. Now that kit was surrounded by a tasty Paiste collection too so.......... yeah, I guess with that cymbal setup it would be a "Dream Kit" :)

This would be mine if I decide to sell the Renowns.
That would be Twisted Rainbow wood. Jazz Series.

Attachments

• DW  Jazz-Woody.jpg
    DW Jazz-Woody.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 6,292
  • Jazz-Woody.jpg
    Jazz-Woody.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 4,633
Last edited:
My dream kit was completed by Trick December 15th, and it's awaiting my word to ship when I rotate home in a couple weeks.

That being said...that DW twisted rainbow is a knockout!

If only they had twisted rainbow over stave.... :)

DW Jazz Series, white amore
5 piece
4x14 snare
8x12 Tom
14x14 FTom
14x16 FTom
24x18 Bass

Attachments

• Jazz-White-Moire.jpg
    Jazz-White-Moire.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 6,290
Well, if I could have anything, it would be an SQ2 in the same finish as Gavin Harrison's. It's the kit on a recent cover of MD...

Sonor%20SQ2%20series.jpg

actually i decided to change my mind, us young kids tend to do that alot, i changed to Jose Pasillas' Dw kit but in white. With the same cymbals he has all Sabian AAX and HHX i believe.

Attachments

• josepasillas2.jpg
    josepasillas2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 4,800
My dream kit would be what the picture displays except it would be tama bubinga make with die cast rims. The heads would be remo ebony pinstripe for all of the toms, a remo controlled sound for the snare and evans EC2 for the bass drums. It would be pearl pedals and hi hat stands along with all gibralter hardware. The sticks i would use would be vater 5A nude. Oh i forgot the snare is a 14" mapex black panther solid steel snare drum limited edition. The cymbals would be mismatched of sabian zildjian and meinl

Attachments

• untitled27.bmp
    439.5 KB · Views: 5,113
My dream kit was shipped from Trick percussion with an estimated arrival date of the 15th of Jan.

I still have to pick up my Zildjian cymbals, and DDRUM deccabons. Pics in about 2-3 weeks.

Sorry. Does'nt get any cooler than this; and it's not hype. Go read the review at Musicradar, and you'll see there is no wood kit that is anywhere near the sonic level of this thing. ...and, yes, I know it is expensive.

TAMA-warlordspartankit3-850-75.jpg

TAMA-warlordspartankit5-850-75.jpg

being the economy is the way it is, not having to sell any of my gear to pay bills is my dream kit... but then i do have 3 kits so i guess if i absolutely had to part with one i would

Cymbals:
Sabian AA 14in Rock Hats
Sabian AA 16in Rock Crash
Sabian AA 20in Rock Ride
Sabian AAX 16in O-Zone Crash
Sabian AAX 18in Stage Crash
Sabian AAX 18in Chinese

Drums
Custom Truth Drum Kit (w/ exception of snares)
Toms: 8X8, 10X8, 12X9, 14X14, 16X16
Kick: 22X18

Snares: 13X3 Pearl Piccolo Steel Snare and 14X6.5 Black Panther Maple Snare

Hardware
All DW 9000 Hardware (except for hi-hat stand)
Double Pedal
2 Snare stands (one being the 9303 snare stand for piccolo)
round throne
various boom and straight stands

Gibraltar Ultra Adjust Hi-Hat stand

Percussion
LP Rock Ridge Rider Cowbell
LP Jam Block
Pearl Tambourine

Heads
Evans EC2 Tom batter heads
Evans Genera Dry Snare batter Heads
Evans EMAD2 kick batter head
Evans G1 reso heads for snares and toms
Evans kick reso head

Attachments

• Dream Drum Kit.bmp
    197.7 KB · Views: 4,650
Last edited:
C&C drums, or maybe SJC drums all maple
18x20, 6x10, 7x13, 13x15, 16x18
6x13 snare, 10 ply w/ 6 ply rings
love to have some octabon rip offs, or 2x8 single headed drums as well

as far as cymbals, the ones I've got are amazing, a collection I've been building since I
was 17. To add to them? A whole set of Paiste 2002 accent bells, a 22in K Custom ride (the heavy ass shiny one, they don't make 'em anymore), Paiste 15in twenty hi hats.

a man can dream...

Back