Anyone live in Boston??

Hey, I live in Taunton. It's about 40 min South East of Boston right down 24. Hope you're enjoying Boston so far and Berklee is treating you well. Feel free to PM me with questions and I'll do my best to provide information for you.

Welcome to Beantown, hope your stay is prosperous and enjoyable.
A.J.

I lived in Boston from 2001 to 2004

great city with a great music scene

you are bound to run into tons of musicians ... especially being around Berklee

I wish Jacks Drum Shop was still there.....that place was great

Hi,

I'm from Waltham, just west of Boston. I would say start you're networking from Berkelee, also check out Craigslist and The Boston Phoenix newspaper. Good luck and enjoy the city.

Hey, thanks for the responses. I've been here less than 24 hours but it already seems like a great place. Jacks Drum shop is shut down then? Someone only about half an hour ago told me to head over there to buy some mallets.. so I'm glad I saw your message before trying to find it. Craigslist definitely looks like a good place to start. I need to suss out some jam sessions too.. If anyone knows of any jazz jams please give me a shout.

PM's on it's way AJNystrom :)

Cheers,

Caroline

Hey, thanks for the responses. I've been here less than 24 hours but it already seems like a great place. Jacks Drum shop is shut down then? Someone only about half an hour ago told me to head over there to buy some mallets.. so I'm glad I saw your message before trying to find it. Craigslist definitely looks like a good place to start. I need to suss out some jam sessions too.. If anyone knows of any jazz jams please give me a shout.

PM's on it's way AJNystrom :)

Cheers,

Caroline

I believe Jacks just moved out of Boston to Hyannis Port

it used to be in walking distance of Berklee

hi caz!
I haven't looked at drummerworld for over a month. mostly because I moved to boston over a month ago, fried my laptop shortly before then in a lightning storm( yes it really can happen- I never actually believed that I guess...) and looking at dw on the phone isn't that much fun. I've been overwhelmed by my new job, not to mention writing a post like this on my phone isn't that fun either.... anyway I looked at dw today and there is your question. so I listened to 4 songs on your myspace, I'm out of time now, but I love your writing and you're playing, particularly swing playing. and I wonder if its you who did the female singing? because it was really so nice to listen to. I probly wouldn't be a great strong ally for you, but if you are going to play somewhere and you let us know, I would definitely come to hear you and say hi. all the best! don't you love boston?? there are so many great players here and so diverse. I went upstate last week to meet someone I had met on craigslist and I'm really excited about it. man he introduced me to the music of alain caron. I know a lot of you guys are familiar with that stuff, but it blew my mind. caron took my brain, fried it like a laptop, then handed it back to me and said, "excuse me, did this belong to you?"...again wish you the best! let us know...

Last edited:
Hi iwantmemoney, thanks for the reply, and sorry to hear your laptop got fried! Glad you like the tunes on the myspace.. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more recent ones online at some point. It's not me singing on the tracks, it's a band that I was in a couple of years ago. I'll need to check out Alain Caron, thanks for the recommendation.. If there are any good gigs or anything coming up please do let me know.. I'm about to hit Craigslist just now.

Cheers,

Caroline

for the caron, if you go to his website and were thinking of purchasing something, the one I heard and ordered was "le band", even tho it's not his newest. he and his players do things on that album that humans shouldnt even be able to do. it is so amazing...at the same time it's all very beautiful, and not just technical prowess. I feel that, as a musician listening to his work, it instantly opened up doors for me...i hope your lesson was great! I know a student there- I'll ask him where the good stuff is, but you'll automatically be a lot more plugged in than I, so stay cool, and cheers to you as well...

Hey all,

Im a guitarist in Boston looking for a drummer for my band (i just started drums, so it will be a while before i can play drums in a band). Any suggestions on the best places to put adds or find drummers? Its a bit tough because Im looking for a drummer who listens and plays current popular country music.

Hey all,

Im a guitarist in Boston looking for a drummer for my band (i just started drums, so it will be a while before i can play drums in a band). Any suggestions on the best places to put adds or find drummers? Its a bit tough because Im looking for a drummer who listens and plays current popular country music.

craigslist, bandmix.com, cowboy bars, on the wall at guitar center... that's a few ideas. good luck!

craigslist, bandmix.com, cowboy bars, on the wall at guitar center... that's a few ideas. good luck!

Thanks! I wish there were cowboy bars in boston lol... I knew of a place in Brighton/Allston that did some, but it shut down. The other methods have not worked yet... but im keeping at it.

Hello, i see this is a little late, but i live in boston too. There are a few small venues, such as brighton music hall, and paradise club.
There is also a lot of small bands that are based here that i find inspiring, such as big d and the kids table.
Bostons an amazing city, with an amazing music scene, you'll like it here

Back