New Sakae Trilogy kit!

image.jpg

Quick photo tip - double check that your feet aren't in the photo - LOL

About the drums though. A gorgeous kit. I like their design sense. Nice hardware, very cool badge, funky wrap (in a good way). A very neat kit.
I haven't seen any of them in person yet though. I'd like to give a set a try.

I have now played a couple of gigs with my Sakae Trilogy bop kit and I must say that this is a wonderful drum set. The drums sound fantastic, tune easily, and are wonderfully light weight due to the 3-ply construction. For jazz players, I would strongly recommend the Sakae Trilogy. These are top-notch drums in terms of quality and sound. I can't say enough good about them.

Attachments

• 12038742_10208442669647595_1771419181542373603_o (1).jpg
    12038742_10208442669647595_1771419181542373603_o (1).jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 2,106
Hi Taiko, get those sticks off that bass drum, at least put a towel on there :)
Protect those beauties.

Hi Taiko, get those sticks off that bass drum, at least put a towel on there :)
Protect those beauties.

Drums are meant to be played and used. They aren't museum pieces...

Wildbill: haha! My feet wanted in on the pic! ;P

Taiko: beautiful kit man! Congrats! Cool to see you are gigging it! I have yet to gig mines..living in Japan so, taking it to gigs on a train is not possible :/

Man, the toms sustain for days if you tune them that way. And yeah, they`re really light so I can only imagine gigging with them is a piece of cake!

Wildbill: haha! My feet wanted in on the pic! ;P

Taiko: beautiful kit man! Congrats! Cool to see you are gigging it! I have yet to gig mines..living in Japan so, taking it to gigs on a train is not possible :/

Man, the toms sustain for days if you tune them that way. And yeah, they`re really light so I can only imagine gigging with them is a piece of cake!

Where in Japan? I spend a lot of time in Japan and was playing at some clubs in Tokyo last summer.

Guess Ash Soan didn't like them after all, he has moved on to Gretsch.

Well, who cares what anyone else does. What matters is if you like the way the drums sound and play.

Guess Ash Soan didn't like them after all, he has moved on to Gretsch.

That has more to do with tour support which seemed a problem for the UK based Artists whereas gretsch could possibly fill that gap. Sound is probalhy the least they could care of when being such a high prifle player.

Because Neil Wilkinson (James Morrison) Mark Richardson (Skunk Anansie) and Richard Jupp (Elbow) also went from Sakae to Gretsch.

@Taiko I`m out in Fukuoka, Kyushu Japan. Southernmost part before Okinawa.

Yeah, I was pretty shocked at the abrupt move Ash made, and was waiting for him to release a reason. I`m a big fan of his playing and still am even though he switched companies. I hope it`s because of tour support and not other reasons.

A lot of Brits playing Gretsch right now. It's kind of a thing over there.

To the OP: my Legacy kit has their same edges as your Trilogy kit and I was surprised as well that the round over edges did not affect sustain in the least. I was expecting the drums to have a shorter, thumpier sound, but that was not the case at all. My toms ring out for days if I tune them that way. Those edges just seem to give the drums a woodier, tubbier tone.

Hey ! Im thinking about buying this kit, but one thing i noticed it have really short sustain on bass drum. Found that stock head is powerstroke 3 which have muffling ring but dont have possibility to change it in shop. Is there is any chance to longer the sustain/resonation of the bass drum in this kit ?

I have had my Sakae Trilogy set now about 8 months and I just love it. 20x14, 12x8, 14x14 and 16x16 in Champagne Sparkle. Very nice high quality craftsmanship and sooooo beautiful sound. Light shell is very sensitive and gives nice full punchy sound very easy. They macth very nicely to my 1964 Gretsch set with same shell sizes. I just to have Ludwig Classic Malples but their 7-ply maple shell was too heavy for my taste.

Attachments

• P7140811 (1).jpg
    P7140811 (1).jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 591
Last edited:
Back