MY GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT AS A PRO DRUMMER

Joe Morris

DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
I put my daughter Hannah through college by playing the drums. Yep even with the resume I have compiled over the years this is truly my greatest accomplishment yet. 1 down, 2 to go. lol

Attachments

• hannah.jpg
    hannah.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 629
F'n awesome Joe!!!!

seriously ...you are an inspiration

I currently pay a mortgage and supply a nice life for my family strictly by drumming.....but to put a child through college is a whole other level

I hope to check that off on my list of accomplishments one day

Congrats! Quite the accomplishment and you should be proud.

Now about the wedding..... :).

We can all see, from the look on your face, the absolute pride you have in your daughter. You have the right attitude about things, Joe!

I admire any parent who manages to get their kids "over the line".....as the dad of a 5 year old I've got a long way to go. I admire even more, a parent who can get 'em over the line by getting paid to do something they're passionate about. Wish I could say the same.

Great accomplishment my friend.......I hear the first one is the hardest. The next two should be a breeze!! :)

The first 20 years are the toughest. : ) Congrats on your daughters graduation.

F'n awesome Joe!!!!

seriously ...you are an inspiration

I currently pay a mortgage and supply a nice life for my family strictly by drumming.....but to put a child through college is a whole other level

I hope to check that off on my list of accomplishments one day

Well you have something to be very proud of right there man. If you can accomplish the mortgage thing and give your family a nice life by playing drums then you are very successful. Something to be proud of. I'm sure you will add that to your list and thanks very much for the kinds words. Much appreciated.

Its graduation season, I just realized. Have a nephew finishing up. Well said, and well done Joe It truly is an accomplishment to have a successful career in music.

All the best to you and your daughter.

& here was me thinking the Guru snare was right up there, lol!!!!!!

Seriously, I've picked up your excitement in our email exchanges for several months now. It's clear just how proud you are, & rightly so. it's a huge achievement for anyone to get their children off to a good start in adult life, but to do that through drumming, says more about you as a player than any resume.

With another 2 still to fly the education nest, just as well you're a hot property drummer mate ;)

Congratulations to both of you!

Whow I didn't expect much of a response to this thread. I just put it up as a proud Dad!! I really appreciate all the nice comments and congrats. THANK YOU!!! Much appreciated.

I really thought most people would think hey big deal, this post has nothing to do with fast chops, or double kick, or new gear, or an endorsement deal, or what drums, clothes, socks, sticks or cymbals Vinnie is using or wearing. Its just a guys daughter graduating from college. Lol!! To me playing the drums for a living has been god's gift to me. I worked really, really hard at it and it paid off. You won't see me on the cover of Modern Drummer anytime soon but I have had and am still having a great career and a great time playing drums. Love every minute of it and being able to support a family of 5 is just a blessing. I love what I do and I think that's really one of the best things in life you can hope for.

Well I gotta go, I have a session in the morning because you see my other daughter is in college too, lol

I really thought most people would think hey big deal, this post has nothing to do with fast chops, or double kick, or new gear, or an endorsement deal, or what drums, clothes, socks, sticks or cymbals Vinnie is using or wearing. Its just a guys daughter graduating from college. Lol!!
Joe, I think you underestimate just how big a deal it is for anyone to cut a significant living playing drums. Most of us here are in awe of such an achievement, hence the response.

Joe, I think you underestimate just how big a deal it is for anyone to cut a significant living playing drums. Most of us here are in awe of such an achievement, hence the response.

That. And many of us can relate to the proud father thing. Congrats!!

Back