Axis Al2-CB Slave pedal problem

Kmapes

Hey guys, I have been using these axis pedals for a few weeks now and my left(slave) pedal feels weak and doesn't bounce back and forth as long as my right pedal even when I hit them at the same time with the same amount of force. The left pedal just stops moving after a second and the main keeps bouncing. My slave pedal just feels super week and not very smooth. I have tried testing it with my right foot to see if it was just me. it feels really weird even with the right foot so I know it's the pedal. I don't know if this is a common problem, but I have tried adjusting the footboard height so they are completely even, spring tension, beater angle you name it. If anyone has some suggestions or knows how to solve this please let me know!!!

As you said, make sure all the adjustments are the as close together as possible for both feet. Another thing to try is to make sure the axle between the pedals isn't at too much of angle (it should be more parallel to you, rather than the left end pointing too far in your direction). Also, make sure the slave pedal is fairly perpendicular to the axle, so its should be at a kind of right angle to the pedal, not facing 'sideways', if you were to step back and look at the kit.

Ah I see what your saying thanks for the advice I will try that out. I was also thinking about switching the from the standard sonic beaters to some iron cobras. Have you tried this?

I have the Trick Pro1-V and it has some weird beaters too. They work pretty good though. Anyways, you should check to make sure that the hinges are not binding on anything. If they are, clean them out and spray some WD-40 in there. Also, it is okay if the left end of the shaft is pointing a little more towards you, as well as having the slave not at a perfect 90* angle. Mine is pointing a little towards me and the pedal(slave) is turned a bit that way it is even with my HH pedal.

Back