WHAT THE HECK???

yesdog

Silver Member
I have been playing drums 30 + years, I was practicing last night and I could not play my bass drum. My foot would not work, it was like my muscles were tensing up out of control.
I always stretch my arms and legs before playing, it makes me relaxed and loose before warming up. I played today and no problems with my feet. Anyone ever have this happen to them.

When I was younger I never would've suggested this, but now - call your doctor. This could be nothing...or something. I recommend finding out, at the very least for your own peace of mind.

Why take chances?

My canine friend, it happens to me frequently, but at least I know the reason why. In your case, it's likely to be a partially trapped nerve or some other transient thing. As there was no discomfort, I'm thinking the chances of it being anything of concern are slim. That said, I agree with Hipshot. If in doubt, check it out.

At least you weren't on a gig, right Scott?

If it only happened once in 30 years, I'd say you're doing OK.

On the other hand, it could be all downhill from here lol.

KIDDING!

I definitely get the bad days. Not that bad though TBH lol. Sorry.

Its probably nothing.but if it happens again I would see a doctor.There have been times when I forgot how to play in the middle of a song.Just the other day I tried to unlock my front door with my car alarm remote...and I pressed it several times before I realized what I was doing.

Steve B

by any chance, were you practicing Legs by ZZTop?

I tried to unlock my front door with my car alarm remote...and I pressed it several times before I realized what I was doing.

Steve B

Ha ha similar experience here, I tried to open my front door of my house with my van key and my house started up!

Back