Stick Fail...

thelimpingtoad

So last night i managed to drop/throw a stick like 8 times in 2 hrs... wow... that was terrible... I kept doing it with both hands too... and I was using the same exact pair i have been playing with for weeks and never had a problem... I think its because I cut off my long hair over the weekend... Just "throwing me off" a little or something.

I am really concerned that I am going to hit one of my fellow bandmates in the head and injure them terribly... i know those sticks must be moving really quick when they leave my hand...

I am not worried that this is going to be a major problem... just sharing a story that happened...

One time we were playing and my stick flew out of my hand and hit the ceiling light while we were playing... the light had been off before it and when my stick hit it somehow it turned on...
Does anyone have any horror stories (or comical ones) of hitting audience members, band members, or equipment by throwing a stick?

dont set your sticks on fire,
if you ever do set your sticks on fire, dont throw them.
A lamp oil soaked wick staple gunned to a drumstick which is basically a drumstick fire bomb probably was my worst stick drop fail ever.

PS for any guitarists who maybe reading this,
number 1 -congrats on being able to read! thats awesome!
number 2 -dude if you stomp on a flaming drumstick once////
and the flames get bigger and fire gets on your foot because you stomped on it....
what happens on your next FOUR stomps should be considered by the court to then be YOUR fault not mine.

Back