Cheap Trick

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
SAFETY HARBOR --
An induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is one of music’s highest honors.

Cheap Trick is among those chosen to be inducted for the year 2016. Lead singer Robin Zander, who lives in Safety Harbor, sat down with us just a few days after finding out.

“I was on the road actually,” Zander said. “My wife called me and woke me up in the morning and told me.”

After decades of making music, Cheap Trick is still playing shows across the country.

The band’s list of collaborators and other acts they’ve toured with reads like a Who’s Who of classic rock.

“Here’s Nuremburg, Germany when AC/DC and Cheap Trick played in front of The Who,” Zander said, as he flipped through old photographs. “Here’s me and Joey Ramone in Amsterdam and here’s me and Steven Tyler.”

Zander and the rest of the band are on their way to becoming music royalty themselves. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremony is in April. That same month, the band is set to drop yet another album.

When it comes to making music, one thing is clear: Zander has no intention of slowing down.

“I don’t think I’ll ever stop. Until I die,” Zander said. “And even then, I might be around.”

If you want to catch Cheap Trick live, the band is set to perform at the 2016 Strawberry Festival on March 5.

Bun E Carlos Weighs in

I have loved Cheap Trick since I was in high school. Bun E. Carlos was always integral to the band. He's a fantastic rock drummer. Any of you who love Bun E will probably know that he has not been playing with the band for a while now, due to some legal skirmishes.

My sense is that he has been treated unfairly. But check out this article from Rolling Stone and see what you think....

Rolling Stone interviews Bun E Carlos re Hall of Fame and Cheap Trick's Legal Battles

Back