Pic of yourself

Good drum shops in the area? None come to mind - I usually grab whatever I can when I'm somewhere else. The closest for heads that I can think of is Sharon Music in Maidstone and they typically only sell Evans heads. Catford seems like your only option mate.

I phoned Elephant Music in Gravesend the other week. They didn't have a single solitary 20" kick head in stock. The guy told me that 22" is the norm! Guess I should have got a 22" kick instead!

God forbid I ever buy a 12" or 13" snare!!

The pride and joy I mangle...
drum13.jpg

The guilty party:
DRUM15.jpg

Aproach with caution. Comes with sarcasm and shifting moods.

Indeed we actually just have one real brass instrument: Trumpet.
The rest are woodwinds (clarinets, sax, flutes etc.).

Figuratively we consider ourselves as a brass band...like a "wind ensemble". :)

Karl

Well you young folks look good, and I'm sure sound even better.

Today, with my customised PRS Santana SE. Not a great photo, but I did spend a while painting that guitar.

n729980282_832863_5574.jpg

n729980282_832865_6327.jpg

Karl, poor you.. all by yourself with all those ladies.Must be hell..

... or very distracting!

Also, Karl, very neat instrumentation for a jazz band. You have no bass guitar? Just wind instruments? I like unusual instrumentation and it would be neat to hear such a band.

I used to listen to a sax group called Migraine that had no bass or drums - just four different size saxes and it was great.

Very neat guitar, MFB..whats the sketch on paper behind the bridge?

It's actually just a white background I painted on there. It's a Radiohead logo, the cover of Amnesiac to be precise it's called the Minotaur. I want it as a tattoo something bad. Thanks. I'm not particularly good with art work, but the guitar turned out pretty well.

Me with Steve Smith.

Attachments

• IMG_22101.JPG
    IMG_22101.JPG
    203.2 KB · Views: 908
... or very distracting!

Also, Karl, very neat instrumentation for a jazz band. You have no bass guitar? Just wind instruments? I like unusual instrumentation and it would be neat to hear such a band.

I used to listen to a sax group called Migraine that had no bass or drums - just four different size saxes and it was great.

Haha... =)
We are not a Jazz band at all. We cover all the songs we like and all the tunes which are playable. For example classics like "One moment in time", "Thank you for the music" or "King of the road" which would be swing.

Instead of a bass guitar player our leader plays a bariton saxophon. So we try to manage everything just with wind instruments...

Thanks!

Karl

Back