Photos from the Terry Bozzio Clinic St. Louis 10/21/2010

Mapex589

Silver Member
Drum Headquarters in St. Louis put on an awesome clinic with Terry Bozzio this past Thursday and I was fortunate enough to be the photographer for the event. I thought I would share some of the photos from the other night with you. It was a great clinic!! Here is a link to the entire collection http://backbeat-photography.com/?p=2725

Attachments

• Terry Bozzio_102110_3028.jpg
    Terry Bozzio_102110_3028.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 577
  • Terry Bozzio_102110_3082.jpg
    Terry Bozzio_102110_3082.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 1,175
  • Terry Bozzio_102110_3111.jpg
    Terry Bozzio_102110_3111.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 441
  • Terry Bozzio_102110_3139.jpg
    Terry Bozzio_102110_3139.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 447
  • Terry Bozzio_102110_3228.jpg
    Terry Bozzio_102110_3228.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 446
  • Terry Bozzio_102110_3542.jpg
    Terry Bozzio_102110_3542.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 443
  • Terry Bozzio_102110_3117.jpg
    Terry Bozzio_102110_3117.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:
thanks for the pics! must have been fun to see him working so hard! - but were's the rest of his kit?:)

Yeah, what's up with the rest of his kit? Is he downsizing? That would be really great to see him play a smaller kit, and maybe even with some other musos!

It was great seeing him play a scaled down kit. The man is amazing no matter what he plays, I'd go see him do a clinic on buckets and tin cans!! Glad you like the pics!!

He did probably equal parts playing and speaking. He still had those toms tuned tight and performed a lot like he does when he does clinics with the big kit. He did groove a little more this time since the kit is smaller and more geared to that kind of playing. He even did a little swing too. Most important he shared a lot about technique, had a little crowd participation and shared some great Zappa stories.

I was supposed to see him in Tulsa two nights before but I waited till the last minute and couldn't get a ticket. :-( I'll be quicker on the draw next time.

As much as I like the idiosyncratic huge-kit-tuned-toms-pitched-cymbals Terry, I am kind of salivating for any hint of him playing a little traditional kit in a band sitch any time soon... I still have my Missing Persons CDs, I guess that's dating myself, eh?

jeez - you were & got all around shots...
for a moment there I thought you were ontop of his hi-hats :)
Great Photos!

Besides the nice pictures, what was the content of the drum clinic?

Alparot, I know what you mean, it was cool seeing him play a standard kit and grooving. Chaz, thank you very much. Ian, thanks, a few posts back I give a brief description of the clinic. It was a great clinic and the venue was awesome too.

I have been trying to see the guy for years. I just missed him in Amsterdam last summer. And thanks for the photos; I really enjoyed them.

GJS

p.s. F8 and be there!

Indeed, very good pics. Plus they hired a drummer to take pics so you got the shots we all want to see...his kit! Haha. I remember when I went to KC to see him do a clinc for Explorer Percussion with Danny Carey and Aloke, he also used a smaller kit also. He explained later that it was because hauling his BIG kit wasn't a feesable thing to do at the time. But at any rate, I agee, this guy is a phenominal musician and a great clinician.

I plan on seeing him tonight in Kenosha! I'm a little disappointed that he's not bringing out the full size kit but, it should be a cool show anyway.

EDIT: I heard that he is picking up a kit in every city he goes to this time instead of bringing his own. Is that true?

Wow!

Not only did he "downsize" he's using traditional every day crash cymbals and not just stacks and chinas.

I plan on seeing him tonight in Kenosha! I'm a little disappointed that he's not bringing out the full size kit but, it should be a cool show anyway.

EDIT: I heard that he is picking up a kit in every city he goes to this time instead of bringing his own. Is that true?

True! I hope folks come out to see Terry in Seminole, Florida this Thursday. He is the consummate musician and one of the most spiritual, knowledgeable and humble people I know.

DW is not sponsoring this clinic tour but rather the tour is being put on by Sabian. As a result, Terry is using kits provided to him at each venue. This adds to the general appeal of his desire to improvise and be free to express himself in the moment.

Paul

The Clinic was awesome. Needless to say the Silver and Gold Sparkle DW kit was a real feast for the eyes and his playing lit it up. No autographs though, which I thought was strange seeing as how we were given posters that had a blank spot for that very purpose. Oh well, $15 very well spent.

Back