Product availability info

Dunnett

Classic Drumsmith
A few people had asked about the ekee in another thread. In Europe the only dealer who may have any would be Olly at Drum Center Koln. In North America, Drum Center Portsmouth, Memphis Drum Shop, Fork's Drum Closet and Pro Drum Shop should all have stock and I think they all ship internationally. If you get stuck, drop me an email and I'll be happy to hook you up.

Plus - I'll be in touch with Bernhard. I'm hoping there is a way I can get a few samples out to interested Drummerworld aficionados.

BTW - if you are interested in more info about some of the other useful R Class components - just ask. Happy to respond within this thread.

I was about to comment in the other thread, before it got closed.
The design looks good, it's good to address the fact that changing heads with your standard type of drum keys is a bit of a chore.

I bought a drum key - type of tool to attach to my cordless drill, but lugging that drill with me "just in case" is out of the question.

So yea, a most welcome design improvement, definitely!

I bought a drum key - type of tool to attach to my cordless drill, but lugging that drill with me "just in case" is out of the question.
I change/tune about 30 - 40 heads/week, more if there's some form of testing going on. I use a very compact battery screwdriver tool with a delicate torque setting, only for the non sensitive phases of the operation. Even so, care must be taken with such tools. They can be too brutal, too fast, & that can lead to uneven seating + other issues. There's something about doing it the slow way. Manual is always best. It's way more tactile, offers insight into the general condition of your screws & lugs, & a better way of getting to know your instrument. Giving things time is often undervalued, with a constant push to circumnavigate the more laborious elements, yet those elements often have hidden value.

This key offers speed/convenience improvements, whilst preserving the benefits of touch. Nice job!

Thanks, Ronn. Looks like a handy tool. I would like to have had one back in my teching days! I'll put one on my wish list.

I could not tell by looking at the samples but does this ekey ratchet? Thanks.

Back