Ride Cymbal Video - Paiste 2oo2 20" Ride, Zildjian K 20" Ride, A. Zildjian 21" Sweet Ride

Re: Ride Cymbal Video - Paiste 2oo2 20" Ride, Zildjian K 20" Ride, A. Zildjian 21" Sweet Ride

First of all let me just say that you have great ride technique. You were able to draw some nice sounds out of those rides and gave me a good idea of their individual sounds.

That said, I wound have like to also see some mallets and a good, solid grazing blow with the shoulder to hear how each ride opened up. Also, I would have liked a good, solid tap or two on each bell with the butt of the stick. From your video I got the impression that the K ride had a pretty weak bell.

Not sure why but I just like a good strong bell on a cymbal, I feel like I should learn more Latin grooves just to work some more bell-erry into my playing...

Re: Ride Cymbal Video - Paiste 2oo2 20" Ride, Zildjian K 20" Ride, A. Zildjian 21" Sweet Ride

First of all let me just say that you have great ride technique. You were able to draw some nice sounds out of those rides and gave me a good idea of their individual sounds.

That said, I wound have like to also see some mallets and a good, solid grazing blow with the shoulder to hear how each ride opened up. Also, I would have liked a good, solid tap or two on each bell with the butt of the stick. From your video I got the impression that the K ride had a pretty weak bell.

Not sure why but I just like a good strong bell on a cymbal, I feel like I should learn more Latin grooves just to work some more bell-erry into my playing...

Thanks for your feedback! I actually think the bell on the K Ride rings out very clear and cuts quite a bit. It sounds like that's not represented in this video, which stinks!

Also, the Paiste and K Ride are both fairly heavy and not real good as crashes. The Sweet Ride is, though!

Chris

Good ride patterns played on the edge, body and bells. I prefer the "ting" on the body & the "ping" on the bell of the Paiste 2002's...

i like the k the best but they're all bit too bright for me. get a turkish one! :)

You can try as well the dark mystery and magic of the Paiste Giant Beat - 24" Ride!

Just spent a few minutes comparing the three ride cymbals I currently own and thought I'd share. Thoughts are appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HPFn-vdIXk

Nice clean comparison video, don't know who disliked it but I logged on and bumped it up one for ya lol!

I liked the K series bell at first but the ride it's self was a bit too quiet and the Paiste is a bit too bright. For me I'd be all for the Sweet Ride. That bell is outstanding, nice heavy sound and loud too lol!

Thanks guys! I love ride cymbals... ha ha

Back