G-mad

Has anybody tried the g-mad? If so what do you think?

I'm using the GMAD clears on my 22" and 24". I'm getting a quick boom with perfect medium sustain. Sound man's dream.

I'm also using clear G+'s as reso's on my 12x7 and 13x7.

My 14x12 and 16x14 ft's have clear G2 over clear G2. Man does it sound deep with a larger more forgiving tuning range than a single ply imo.

So you think the sound is more controled than a regular emad? The gmad probably won't work unmiced then.

I initially started out liking the Gmads. Then I heard unmiced recordings and changed my tune about them. They weren't awful at all, just a little wonky to my ear. Never tried the kick head though, I'd still like to give that a whirl. I came to the conclusion that with single ply tom heads,10 mil has the best balance of attack, and depth, jmo.

I initially started out liking the Gmads. Then I heard unmiced recordings and changed my tune about them. They weren't awful at all, just a little wonky to my ear. Never tried the kick head though, I'd still like to give that a whirl. I came to the conclusion that with single ply tom heads,10 mil has the best balance of attack, and depth, jmo.

Unmic'd recording? The epitome of oxy moron

The Gmad is the kick drum head.

Unmic'd = practicing (or small coffee shop/ jazz bar). Mic'd = gig.

Unmiced recording, pretty clever. What I mean is my drums were unmiced. My recorder is always miced lol. And yes I stand corrected, I was thinking of the G Plus.
Whoops.

Back