Yamaha Drums

Bryant

so lately I've been saving up for a nice yamaha jazz kit like a absolute custom maple but i dont know where to buy them from where do i get them???

so lately I've been saving up for a nice yamaha jazz kit like a absolute custom maple but i dont know where to buy them from where do i get them???

The drum elves make them. But you have to wish really, really hard.

You're on the internet. Try ... I don't know, Google?

I would go to your local drum store and see if they will order it for you. Or, Guitar Center (or similar big box store) or Ebay. If you've been looking at them locally, where you decided you really wanted one, that's where I would start.

The following Yamaha drum series were discontinued in June 2013:

Maple Custom Absolute
Birch Custom Absolute
Club Custom
Oak Custom
Recording Custom

If you have your heart set on a Maple Custom Absolute kit you will have to either buy used or start contacting dealers to see if they have any new discontinued MCA kits (left over Yamaha inventory from 2013) with your specs in stock.

Memphis Drum Shop has five Maple Custom Absolute kits in stock. The closest kit (size wise) for a jazz configuration has a 20" kick, 10" & 12" rack toms, 14" floor tom with an optional matching snare, all in the original vintage finish.

Nice find - I was wrong. Some places still have new previous generation kits.
Anyone who wants one probably shouldn't dawdle around too long though.

Memphis Drum Shop also has a leftover Birch Custom Absolute in bop sizes, Burgundy Sparkle finish:

http://memphisdrumshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=13773

Price is 3 grand, but you probably can't find another one of these anywhere (new) at this point. You could also look into Sakae drums, since they used to make the Japanese Yamahas. They have a line called the Almighty, which you can get in either Maple or Birch, and seems not unlike the Absolute series they made for Yamaha:

http://sakaedrums.com/

Drum Center of Portsmouth had a beautiful six piece about three weeks ago. It had an 18" kick, and they were kind of salt and pepper sparkle. Gorgeous.

Or save up for an Absolute Maple Hybrid. Whatever videos I've seen/heard look very promising. Can't wait to see a kit up close.

pcb.127473175082703
Off topic kinda but i love my yamahas so much
About 6 years ago, I found a 6-piece Yamaha absolute Maple custom with cases in a pawn shop in Texas. I got the whole thing for $900. About two years later it was stolen so I never thought I would get another deal like that. Until recently. Went to this music store who had a 4-Piece kit brand new of the recording customs. Brand spanking new like I said. Originally it came with a 10/12 up top 16 on the floor and 22 inch bass drum. I got a really good deal on it. And I just added the 14 floor. So far too invested on this whole thing I'm in it for $2,600 which I'm finding out for a brand new recording custom is a damn good deal I guess it kind of makes up for the kid that was stolen. Yamaha in my opinion is number one whether it's the recording customs the hybrids the Phoenix and the yess system imo is it.. trying to figure out how to download a picture

Actually your list is pretty outdated. Right now there are

PHX
Recording Custom
Absolute Hybrid Maple
Live Custom Hybrid
Tour Custom
Stage Custom
Rydeen

To be even more precise.

PHX
Recording Custom
Live Custom Hybrid
Absolute Hybrid Maple
Tour Custom
Stage Custom
Rydeen

As the new Live Custom is priced above the Hybrid Maple according Thomann.

Yamaha also released the Hybrid Stage Custom:
https://www.thomann.de/nl/yamaha_hybrid_stage_custom_pack_rb.htm

A SC kit with a full hybrid electronic update.

Back