PDP CX series drums vs Concept series

AudioWonderland

Silver Member
How do the new concept series drums compare to the the old cx and cxr series drums? They seem pretty comparable at first glance.

Last edited:
Re: PDP CX series frums vs Concept series

the Concepts are lacquer finishes, and seem to be better quality wise overall. Marco Minneman is using them on tour right now over DW's (who he is endorsed by), so they must be something special. I'd definitely put them above the level of the CX's, which came out at a time when pdp was having sketchy quality control issues.

Re: PDP CX series frums vs Concept series

the Concepts are lacquer finishes, and seem to be better quality wise overall. Marco Minneman is using them on tour right now over DW's (who he is endorsed by), so they must be something special. I'd definitely put them above the level of the CX's, which came out at a time when pdp was having sketchy quality control issues.

I have heard comments about the CX quality issues before but my kit has not experienced them thankfully. I have been pretty happy with them overall.

I have a 7 piece Mapex M Birch kit that I have been playing since 2007. Its a nice sounding kit but I am feeling the itch to try something new. The Concept line looks pretty promising.

Back